1st SOUTH WEST Weekender

My apostrophes, I must have been mistaken

4 Likes

Anyways, stick me on the subs listā€¦or the tent down the road. I can also bring bottles of Dog Beater

2 Likes

Please donā€™t bring the dog though. I canā€™t abide whimpering

:wink:

1 Like

The dogs stay in Sussex in a safe environment . I, on the other hand, am open to abuse

1 Like

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Feck spell checkerā€¦should have said obtuse :wink:

2 Likes

3rd sub on the bench (or 1st camper?)

All of the above please

Bollocks this passed me byā€¦:confused:.

Will check dates for the subs benchā€¦grumble,moan, bastid, naughty words etc.

1 Like

Iā€™ve confirmed the booking with Lopwell Barn. Just waiting for their invoice.

4 Likes

On order.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll go on the bench please.
I dithered as I donā€™t really know most or any of youā€¦

You could be wood dwelling gimps for all I knowā€¦ Iā€™d not want to take a regulars spot but I am happy to lurk on the fringe if a spot opened up.

Besides, itā€™s a long way and I do like my sleep. But thereā€™s Cognac and bunk beds.

Sigh.

LOUDER!

grumble,moan, bastid!

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna bring a bottle of Armagnacā€¦

2 Likes

Now that the accommodation is booked, Iā€™m trying to organise transport but itā€™s a bit of a logistical nightmare! Timing of the lights from Aberdeen donā€™t synchronise well with the ferries, so it looks like Iā€™m going to have to fly down on Thursday 8th and stay overnight near Exeter airport. Iā€™ve found this B & B, which is walking distance from the airport, on Booking.com. Anyone used it, know if it is ok, or can recommend anywhere else close by?

http://www.exeterairporthotel.com/

Looks like Iā€™ll have to stay there Thursday night and Sunday night as the Sunday flights back donā€™t get me to Aberdeen to catch the Sunday night ferry to Lerwick unless I leave the barn at daft oā€™clock on the Sunday morning, which isnā€™t going to happen.

Could you not fly to Luton or East Midlands or somewhere and a kind person pick you up?

1 Like

Itā€™s an idea, but doesnā€™t solve the problem. In order to get to Luton, London, East Mids, MCR etc. _in time to leave for the soiree _would mean staying in Aberdeen for two nights which will be more expensive than the Exeter B & B. The issue is the arrival/departure times for the ferries which donā€™t mesh with the early/late flights

Ok, I think I may have it sorted. Leave Fetlar early am on 7th for Wednesday night ferry to Aberdeen, fly to Exeter via MCR on Thursday morning, stay at Fair Oak House on Thursday night and get a lift to the barn on Friday morning (thanks, John)

Back to the B & B Sunday afternoon, another overnight stay then fly to Aberdeen via MCR on Monday morning. Monday night Ferry to Lerwick and home by Tuesday afternoon.

Phew!

Iā€™m going to double check that there isnā€™t a better/cheaper itinerary tonight, but failing that, Iā€™ll get it booked.

2 Likes

Definitely the prize, for the most dedicated AA visitor!

4 Likes

Paul, hold off on booking Exeter hotel, Meatmen are in discussions .

2 Likes