2017 Formula 1 - The next generation

On this Charlie Whiting can fuck the fuck off. No wonder drivers and teams are bleating about consistancy.

Get with the groove Grandad :sunglasses:

1 Like

Bring back gravel traps!

Now that I agree with. Going off the track should be a punishment not an advantage.

1 Like

So then, when I show my 10 year old Son a video of the modern day cars vs. the V8/V10/V12 cars and ask him which he prefers, he say the old ones straight away, with out any prompt from me…

I love the sound and feel of the V10s and V12. Small capacity V8s at a pinch. I’ve driven a V8 Tyrrell and a V10 Minardi. Fantastic racket, awesome feel and acceleration.

But it’s not the future. Short of Formula E and full on milk floats, Hybrid is the way forward.

1 Like

List amended to reflect…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Formula 1 Manager - The Reprise

This makes me happy…

1 Like

No German GP for 2017:

I suppose we’ll have the Ethiopian and Cuban GP to look forward to then…

Considering the Germans are car mad, it’s funny that they’re strangely apathetic towards F1 in general…

Is it just that they are far more interested in things like DTM?

Fxt

1 Like

I was always able to get tickets for the German GP for peanuts right up until the day of the race when I lived there.

You could get a general admission ticket for around 20 euros.

I lived near Hockenheim and the motorbike races were always sold out quickly though.

I can understand people not liking F1. While from an engineering perspective I assume it is exemplary, but you get more exciting racing in many other types of racing - most bikes, touring cars etc. It’s rare in F1 that you get much competition - the cars are quickly sorted into order, and then much of the excitement comes from dramatic tension in race strategy, tyre changes and the like.

It’s ironic though - given it was won this year by a German car driven by a German!

1 Like

Updated:

2017 FORMULA 1 CALENDAR
March 26 Australia, Melbourne
April 9 China, Shanghai
April 16 Bahrain, Sakhir
April 30 Russia, Sochi
May 14 Spain, Barcelona
May 28 Monaco, Monte Carlo
June 11 Canada, Montreal
June 25 Azerbaijan, Baku
July 9 Austria, Red Bull ring