2017 Formula 1 - The next generation

So, Alonso to Mercedes and Palmer to McLaren ??

Nico may well be considering the risk/reward balance of another season. I imagine that he already has more money than he will ever need to spend, maybe $100m+ in the bank? Adding 50% to this will not really be noticed, but there is a real risk of death in the job he does. I imagine that he personally knew a number of drivers who have died. So as a father and husband, he took a reasonable decision. Good luck to him.

2 Likes

Simplistically I agree, although I doubt that money has ever been a factor. I do believe the competitive fire still burns, but having achieved his life-long goal, he believes there is little (at the moment) in motorsport that will challenge him.
Again, I wish him well and hope itā€™s the right decision.

OK, fucknuts time to shut the fuck up !!!

What an ass he is.
I think Hamilton is jealous of Nico who coped with all the pressure without resorting to being a shithead

3 Likes

Brackleyā€™s Tea Room noticeboardā€¦

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15284811_10154037127112411_7937937201422888674_n.jpg?oh=28ea9f82790a83b382adb64c7d7ec381&oe=58EF31AB

Maldonado has, it seems, delivered his CV to Toto & Nikki in person

9 Likes

Hahahahhahahahhahahahaha :joy:

Woman trying to reverse park?

I predicted this when he left McLaren a couple of years agoā€¦

So Flavio is negotiating thenā€¦

:rolling_eyes:

I presume, that because of Nicoā€™s late resignation, all the other decent drivers are now contractually tied up for next seasonā€¦

Just leaves Button or Massa thenā€¦ lolā€¦

Pretty much, though a contractā€™s worth toss if the holder is inclined to sell. Naturally, however, none of them are

Iā€™m rather surpirsed that Alonso / McLaren have seemingly managed to meet whatever performance clauses are in their contract: itā€™s unlikely to be loyalty thatā€™s keeping Fred at McLaren

I donā€™t think Massa or Button are at all an option for Merc, though perhaps for Williams (assuming Bottas > Merc happens) given the lack of experienced drivers available. Personally, I think both are well passed their sell by date, especially Jenson but neither would I be thrilled about a Stroll / Weirhlein lineup

Only 30 years off the date of the thread, but I encountered this today:

4 Likes

Wow, an Iseki TX1500 in the fleshā€¦

4 Likes

Be afraid, be very afraidā€¦
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35467.html

Seeing as the worldā€™s gone batshit crazy with will or wonā€™t come out of retirement to drive for Williams Iā€™m just gonna toss this out there

Merc are in a far from ideal situation: Alonso and Vettel are free in 18: if Bottas signs then it surely wonā€™t be on a one year deal ,and they end up not having a chance of getting the two best options in 18.

Quite a buzz on social media at the moment. Kobayashi has also been mentioned.

No. Just no.

Looks like Bottas thenā€¦

Iā€™d like that to happen.