2017 Formula 1 - The next generation

A couple of changes.

Courtesy of Sniff

2 Likes

“Valtteri, Lewis is faster than you, please confirm you understand, Lewis is faster than you Valtteri”.

The tension is rising…

CONFIRMED F1 2017 CAR LAUNCH DATES

Renault February 21
Force India February 22
Mercedes February 23
Ferrari February 24
McLaren February 24

1 Like

Interesting article.

Time will tell. I look forward to some solid statements and decisions.

It works be good to see it run as a rational business, looking at all areas to ensure a good experience for spectators, viewers and teams with a view to long term profitability.

Rather than take the dodgy money whenever it’s available…

2 Likes

Looks like Liberty have told Bernie to GTFO

2 Likes

Brawn in :slight_smile:

Good riddance to the twat, he always reminds me of a dwarf crossed with a wrinkly version of Andy Warhol.

1 Like

Newbie question but why is there so much politics in F1? Not the current situation with Liberty/Ecclestone but looking at how much in-fighting there always seems to be among the teams, from the leaders/management to the drivers. You don’t get it in their main (non F1) automotive divisions, or at least not nearly so publicly.

I feel that half of F1 news is about who’s annoyed/being annoyed by who and who’s been fired or promoted or otherwise moved around.

O, believe me, there’s plenty of bitching and moaning in ALL forms of motorsport. However, F1 being at the pinnacle, more money involved and higher profile means that there is more antagonism and more publicity.
Bernie’s divisive decision making and the FIA’s unwillingness to quell the dissent hasn’t helped.

The large amounts of money that can be made or lost.

It’s not the teams it’s the prima donna engineers that do the bitching, retired ones are the worst :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks guys, that makes sense.

Can someone also explain why teammates are told to let the other one win on occasion. What’s the strategy behind making one always be the winner?

It’s all about maximising the likelihood of one of their drivers winning the driver’s championship.