2018 Formula 1

Boullier talking rubbish, no wonder they are in a mess:

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/23910431/eric-boullier-only-works-teams-win-championships

In that he says that you will find it very difficult to win a championship without manufacturer support. He then states that RBR being able to win races but not a championship as an example of this.

Completely missing the obvious fact that if Renault had made a bit better engine, then RBR would be leading the World championship and the works Renault team would still be 4th.

3 Likes

I remember Martin Hynes :slight_smile: Oh dear!

I also remember driving a 2 stroke Go-kart for the first time (after Pro-Karts) and being totally blown away by them, the difference in performance was staggering!

Sweet baby Jesus

3 Likes

In light of today’s internet sensation, I feel certain that Danny Dyer would perfectly describe Eric B

(Just in case)

Thanks for posting that. I would say that the car is too fast for the track. If he crashes the driver looks very likely to die. But it is pretty awesome to watch.

Holy mother of God!

The traction on that thing is incredible, he’son full throttle so quickly.

This thread brims with gems of deep expertise. Thank you Frank. thank you Ian, thank you Oz, thank you all.

I enjoy my F1 more than ever. Info on the driver, tyres, engineering, aerodynamics, energy recovery,tracks and personal reminiscence. Fantasy manager focuses me on each race, with predicting pole position to within milliseconds the way forward for cash, which early in the year gives a head start.

Long may it continue.

4 Likes

Bloody hell, have they moved all the European races an hour back??? Fuckers, I’m gonna miss the start now

That cackle you can hear from distant Hinwil is Ian

Good news, though. Zak says it was everyone else’s fault

1 Like

Gil de Ferran had been taken on as an ‘advisor’ and was wondering around giving ‘advice’ where needed apparently :slight_smile:

We could have done that, Rob

2 Likes

Silverstone then.

Big off for Hartley in final practice.

Just watched the beginning of Channel 4 coverage with Murray Walker in the DeLorean from Back to the future.
As Murray might say, fantastic! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hamilton :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kinell, this is a race :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Enjoyed that. Lewis driver of the day for me.

3 Likes

Brilliant!

So, it’s Lewis Hamilton bingo time

Best pole ever? X
Shoddy start? X
Really special recovery drive? X
Moaning about the car being wrecked while setting greens? X
Bestest best fans ?
Spitting the dummy post race? X

Silly comments at the end to spoil a decent day at the office

Interesting to see Toto as good as repeat them. Nice to see them REALLY under pressure

4 Likes

Nailed it.