AAAC 31 October, 2017: Puscifer - Conditions Of My Parole

Pusicfer is yet another side project of Maynard James Keenan, front-man of alt/art-metal rockers Tool and A Perfect Circle.
With Puscifer, he shares vocal duties with Carina Round, and Keenan explores more melodic alternative, electronic and industrial themes than his other projects.

Conditions Of My Parole is their second album, released in 2011.

Absolutely cracking Album.

Great choice.

I heard a A Perfect Circle track the wireless on my way into work last evening. OKish. I like his voice and attitude, so I may find time to listen to this :smirk:

Interesting. It’s a little bit country. It’s a little bit rock 'n roll. It’s quite a bit of programmed drumming (which I don’t like).
Still, I may give it another whirl before I rip it a new one.

Mixed bag, part 1970s folky, part 1980s pop/electronic. Cutting no new edges and too middle of the road for me. I can’t see me listening to their other stuff or this LP again.

I can understand why people like it, but really it’s pap, no real substance, not offensive, but in being non-offensive it is annoying and clawing with a lack of pace/change of pace to the songs. Like Crowded House but without the songs or the talent. Parts of it could easily be a film sountrack to some low budget romcom.

Haha that’s a first on so many levels; Puscifer compared to Crowded House and a romcom soundtrack.

Are you sure you haven’t suffered blunt force trauma this weekend?

You are most definitely hearing a different Puscifer to the one that I hear Bob.

I quite liked this. Nothing really outstanding but very listenable. Best track was Toma. 3.5/5