All your science in here

Have you decided you don’t fancy the OU physics degree then?

Need to do the bathroom and toying with a loft conversion first.

It might have to be a theoretical degree. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL, Open University!

I embarked on their BSc course about 25 years ago, absolutely brilliant. 20 hours a week on top of a full time (+ overtime) job. Cost me my first marriage, thankfully!

1 Like

I fancy doing an OU history degree, realistically it’s either going to be when the sprogs have left home for uni themselves, or when I retire.

I love science, but my brain can’t process the mathematics that are required to go past A level physics, unfortunately.

Probably shouldn’t be writing this having taken two painkillers (:smiley:), but WTF:

The original Black and Scholes option pricing model is solved using the heat equation from physics. This should be unsurprising since the model itself is a deterministic representation of lognormal processes. The assumption that instanteous log-returns should follow a geometric Brownian motion is what gives rise to this commonality. This critical assumption is also highly tenuous as it implies absolute continuity in pricing, which is inconsistent with the data which show prices moving in discrete jumps which are clustered in time.

This is the formula those hipster fucks use in their street food vans to work out what to charge for their double fried chips.

2 Likes

At least the kids won’t be too affected by the divorce by then :wink:

1 Like

Better still…get the kids to do it for you. :slight_smile:

Only fair after all the support you gave for their homework.

Yep. I presume that they are instantaneously hedging the risk of the van catching fire against the chance of causing you to burn a hole in the bottom of your bucket.

The only Brownian motion I will ever use. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:poop: That usage is only found to be amusing in archeological studies due to its antiquity.

:nerd:

1 Like

Suppose that goes for instantaneous log returns also ?

No. You need a paleontologist for that.

:grinning:

Christ almighty, have you seen what kids in the top sets get for homework these days? If I helped them they’d be in the special needs stream in short order.

1 Like

Keep up with the insults and you’ll end end up getting Jurasskicked.

I tha haaaaaaaangyew.

I’m here until the Cretatious period, please try the Callopterus. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooh, TuffCloth

:laughing:

Which is where one really learns. To attempt clarity in making the important outlines visible.

Thank you. I read and learn from your posts.
Soft tissues are somewhat more difficult to give hard facts about. :slight_smile:

Planet nine almost promises it won’t be Planet MacDo-do-Donald face. :slight_smile:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08k1b1l