All your science in here

This must account for why Astrology isn’t quite 100% accurate.

The acts of naming are often mysterious.

Apologies to several readers who know this already.

My crux learning was that visual re-presentation of data made quicker sense.

If Tesla, a company that has never made a profit, is valued at over fifty billion (more than Ford) what are the chances of another financial crash?

Huge, almost inevitable.

1 Like

I thought they HAD turned a profit in the last Quarter.

'Twas ever thus

Ye Value of Stockes Can Go Downe as Well as Uppe

VB

2 Likes

That made me smile. Takes me back to my O level English literature class.

Inside the cover of Far from the Madding Crowd we had to write our name and the condition of the book.

The previous owner had written…Condition, goode.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have two comments:

First, I was involved in a corporate finance deal with an online poker company. It was made up of four people, I think it was, and a bank of servers in Gibraltar. When it floated, it was worth more than British Airways.

Second, the valuation is solely based on the potential for future profits. Ford doesn’t make much profit now, and it’s behind the curve on where the market it expecting to go. Tesla is ahead. Which one has the chance of making substantial future profits?

There indeed is the gamble Jim. That is all it is. I understand the Americans are busy selling debt as assets again. I think I shall invest in some Green.

I had the unfortunate experience of visiting Gordano services near Bristol today, but it was a tiny bit interesting because I saw the new Tesla SUV, which is a very nice thing, unlike the Bentley abortion, and there was a big bank of dedicated Tesla charging points, I didn’t count, but about 10. I know that not every services has these, but I’m betting the M25 is well stocked, and other services near big cities too.

My point being, if they’re investing in all this infrastructure, they might well not be making a profit, but I bet they have a healthy turnover and the expectation of healthy profits must be there.

Some fun (but cash-consuming) chemistry

My old tutor.

1 Like

The quality availabe from [https://www.youtube.com/user/nottinghamscience] (https://www.youtube.com/user/nottinghamscience) is outstanding.

Please thank him, if the circumstance should arise.

1 Like

Foolishly got into a discussion about light with the young apprentice this morning.

After discussions of what makes a cake delicious and if you would ever wear cowboy boots outside your jean, I dropped the visible light is invisible shit on him.

I don’t think he will ever be the same again. :slight_smile:

His fall back position of torch beams and searchlights were batted aside with ease. He may even google some websites tonight that don’t involve masturbation. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can I come and work with you? Have no experience or aptitude, but love a cake discussion.

1 Like

Run that one by me again ?

If your lad comes back arguing tomorrow tell him it’s all explained here

Optical phase space - Wikipedia.

VB

Light is invisible until it is reflected off something isn’t it??

Don’t tell me the liittle runt was right and I was full of boolshit and a shitty cake maker.

That’s what I’ve always understood, some protons are absorbed and what is reflected is what we perceive as the colour of the reflecting surface.

Then again I only networking and shit (I’m an expert in shit)

1 Like

Photons not protons…

3 Likes