Another LCR phono (aka BTJ-9000S)

Following on from the thread here: http://audioabattoir.com/t/coco-btj-9000/

The BTJ-9000 turned out really nice and I’ve received comissions to build two more.

The “S” model will be the same, but with some tweaks and upgrades. It will have silver wound LCR inductors and 80% nickel first stage chokes (vs the 49% of the previous model), though these and the output transformers remain copper wound. One will have Duelund silver hybrid caps (don’t look at the price unless you’re sitting down) and the other Jupiter copper (my reasonably sensibly priced fave).

I’ve also spent some time refining the mechanical design. The internals have been adjusted slightly as the different caps have different sizes. One of the stages will be housed in a (pair of) custom cast gunmetal cases (!), while the other will retain the “shopping basket” look. Thanks @AmDismal :roll_eyes: Well I like it, and so does the customer.

After a few months collecting parts, doing new drawings, etc, I started construction this week so I thought I’d start a new thread.

Cap banks (AN Kaisei):

Some silver LCR inductors:

18 Likes

Yay! :star_struck:

Lots of moar going on :+1:

Similar engineering principles :+1:

Will this new phono also be running Windows XP then?

2 Likes

Look forward to seeing these develop.

Who’s lucky number 3??

Simon

2 Likes

Mass production!

3 Likes

Corporate sellout. :smile:

6 Likes

Indeed, I also appear to have a commission for another SIT, but more on that in another thread when I’ve done these.

2 Likes

The funniest thing is how many of my amps you’ve got, while you make loads for others! :rofl:

3 Likes

So are they CE marked??:japanese_ogre::grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

I have the envy

Patience Grasshopper.

At the rate Pete’s churning them out the 2nd hand market will soon be awash with them !

1 Like

Of the many things I’ve let go, the Coco LCR (0.5 Basic car park) remains a sore spot.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Any more taunting and or temptation and I’m sending this guy in

1 Like

It has been excellent and the only phono I’ve heard sounding better is the BTJ 9000. Once the S is complete, the original LCR wil be winging its way down to Kent.

2 Likes

I think I’ll wait for the SE :smirk:

The eagle eyed among you might spot the very first Coco two box LCR phono stage in this old photo.
If Matt had the 0.5 Basic car park edition what number would this one be?

0.1 prototype?

3 Likes