Another LCR phono (aka BTJ-9000S)

You’re talking about comparing having the best possible componentry in a phono stage with taping a bag of pebbles on your speaker leads

Feckin fools :laughing:

2 Likes

= Peace of mind = End game

3 Likes

Gotta scratch the OCD itch - good enough reason for any Foo :+1:

Bit more progress…

12 Likes

Mmm, copper.

Have you ordered the pallet truck to move it yet?

Lol, it’s surprisingly not that heavy. The PSU is a bit heavier, I reckon.

I am disappoint

1 Like

Really enjoying this beautifully batshit build :heart_eyes:

That’s half the mineral wealth of Chile and the bloody Congo basin in there, love it.

1 Like

Tricky to see from the photos, will there be pay and display machines on every level?

6 Likes

Recognition software, I reckon.

1 Like

It’a s shame you won’t be able to see all the coppery loveliness when it’s in a case. Would perspex panels do, or is screening needed? I’m thinking something a bit like ORAC

1 Like

See here for previous build: http://www.audioabattoir.com/t/coco-btj-9000/838

It will basically look the same, Perspex top and all. Same design, just some upgraded components in this one.

I remember the previous one, which does look superb, but was toying with the idea of an all perspex-clad case. It might be a bit meh in the flesh, but it could look good with all the clever bits exposed. I guess heat and load vs stress with a fairly brittle material might be an issue, if the case is in any way load-bearing.

1 Like

It’s not load bearing, just a surround really, so could be done. I reckon I’d have to up my game quite a bit before I’d want to put the internals on show though!

You’re starting to worry me now :wink:

Not if what we’ve seen so far is anything to go by! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I just don’t think the job of electronics is to look pretty. Often nice looking wiring is not the best electrically.

There’s an irritating difference between “solder joints that are functionally perfect” and “solder joints that look great”. You can only really achieve the latter with machines, I think.