Another LCR phono (aka BTJ-9000S)

Is there room to drop in from one of these?

220px-CH54B_and_M551_Sheridan

6 Likes

no worries…

…s’long as someone’s bringing a deck…:smile:

1 Like

Have SP10 will travel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

only my wallet :tired_face:

4 Likes

1 Like

If we need a SUT, could also fetch along the silver Slagle (also made by Pete)

Then we’d have a fully silvered up front end :+1:

Surely u just buy loads of them and hand match them into pairs.
R u cutting corners or what? :grin:

2 Likes

I’d love to her that too,

1 Like

I keep getting tempted to try these but sm chips are such a pain unless you have all the correct (costly) gear.
Otoh the Elna 47 way switch with these chips could be an interesting if costly volume control

They’re fiddly, but not hopeless. I made a very basic phonostage from them a few years ago - glued them onto perfboard and point-point wired with uninsulated silver wire. The stage was nice, the PS I muffed up and was too noisy! The higher the wattage the bigger the chip, which makes life easier, and there’s not the same price hike upsizing that you get with axials.

IIRC someone used to sell tiny discrete PCBs for use with the commonest chip sizes which allowed you to easily use them in place of axials - just add chip and wire of choice. Shouldn’t be prohibitive to do something similar.

Volume control needs someone to design for the purpose - big upside being you could double or even triple the increments - big downside being assembly.

We demand robots! :robot::robot::robot:

2 Likes

I have a phono stage that uses SMD resistors, the board is about 2’‘X4’’ but it’s packed with them.
Soldering ball ache for humans
IMG_2628

Started wiring the beast. The opposite of SMD. :smiley:

9 Likes

You’re working hard on my phono while I’m enjoying the footy - I almost feel guilty :grin:

You definitely should. :smile: (though I’d rather chew off my own testicles than watch football)

8 Likes

Enjoyed the 1-1 draw James? :sunglasses:

They look rather familiar!

1 Like

First stage also done!

10 Likes

Audio stages mostly wired…

Power supply done!

15 Likes

So the PSU is all SS?