Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 1)

May be no mullet, but exhibiting a bit of 'tude non the less :slight_smile:

Paul Calf period

2 Likes

Some of the folks I used to jump with at Strathallan in the late 70’s.

(edit - despite the title of the first pic I’m not in it. )

one of me leaving the plane

4 Likes

Metallica, Donnington. Google tells me this was 1985.

Your intrepid reporter was armed with a Kodak Instamatic, dodging 2 litre bottles of piss like a pro.

My dad around 1943 prior to him being taken prisoner at Arnhem.

6 Likes

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16143292_1426394804060398_1716362496633721292_n.jpg?oh=71b4e9160eb858dcc685ccc157735154&oe=59154729

1 Like

Nan and grandad 1939

1 Like

Narelle’s Dad with his Mum and sisters.

1 Like

Narelle’s Great Grandparents (circa 1898)

Narelle’s Dad with his father Pasquale (circa 1936)

3 Likes

Blue/pink sky at dawn over Basildon this morning.

I was gonna put it in the photography thread, but it’s so shit, I put it here instead :smirk:

Basildon or the photo?

Both :+1:

Me around 1969/70 i guess

Me and my brother with his old ears guessing 65/66

On a harley just before shooting the great escape scene in 2000

5 Likes

Your barnet’s escaped Stu :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It’s still very thick,i just shave it to portray a bald bloke.

3 Likes

I’m off to Arnhem first may holiday for a market garden tour with my two brothers and dad. We will be saying a few prayer s to the fallen.

He’s got that Paris Texas look!

1 Like

That side of the family was fairly well off back then. Had a string of pubs and then ran charabanc’s and were in scrap.
I can only go by what the old folks in the family tell me. I wasn’t around at the time :slight_smile:

My kids thought is was very cool as he looks rather like a certain Ragnar Lothrok of Vikings fame!

I have Norwegian ancestry and am married to a Swede so strong Scandi ties.

The actor playing Lothrok is Austrailian of course, so no connections there.

Here’s one of my Grandfather in Egypt togs, WW1. He signed up underage at 17 after 3 earlier tries, but was told he was too young before that. He lied about his age of course.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/553/32289446502_c4867c5988_z_d.jpg

He took a Brownie box camera with him. I’ve got an album full of Egypt stuff, Pyramids, locals, captured German plane, bridge blowing etc etc. he annotated it quite well. Like so many others, he’d never talk about it… Had he gone to France, I doubt I’d be here!

2 Likes

Keen to instruct on the value of a hard days work ‘Pataallweeksexy’ firmly directed his ‘strange fruit of loin’ in the ways of the right thinking man…

Fork lift lessons, fun aged 3 but psychologically deluding - Mr. MWS’s take on inner strength and power were warped forevermore

Sent to Auntie Stuarts for education in the hidden world of itinerant gardening. Again, fun aged 2, morphed by Mr. MWS’s keen intellect into a Trumpesque door to door arrogance and a penchant for peering over garden fences to ‘assess potential’

Again with Auntie Stuart, shoplifting 101 - Diversionary tactics and a general moral warping of boundaries activated here

Schooled in Somalia - the craft of piracy - Plundering was for the most part enjoyable but sub-par sea legs led to prolonged periods of ‘faking malaria’ and a general allergy to bilge pumps

6 Likes