Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 1)

Title theme tune

In May 1969, the rear of St Pancras railway station saw a most unusual sight, as it became very temporarily an airport.

In 1969, the Daily Mail inaugurated the Trans-Atlantic Air Race, which pitted teams on both sides of the Atlantic who had to race from the top of two iconic towers in London and New York – the Empire State Building and the Post Office Tower.

This was in fact one part of a 50th anniversary reenactment of the 1919 race across the Atlantic which had been the first to achieve the non-stop crossing in less than three consecutive days.

From 2min 20sec

1 Like

Floyd 1968

I know the pilot in that clip (Tom Lecky-Thompson), he used to live a little way from here and I did some groundwork for him. He’s 81 now and had several strokes, so not perhaps as fighting fit as he used to be, but still pretty sharp in the brain department. Absolutely lovely chap too.

4 Likes

Syd’s acid problem was already taking effect and Gilmour (an old school chum of Water’s) was brought in to cover. Syd’s downhill slide was rapid from then on.

My 2nd birthday with my sister. B&W but colour retouch. 55 years ago tomorrow…

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16640899_10155030517637453_1389478539677121552_n.jpg?oh=82d358ec76d0a4e3b887b3a481df0087&oe=592C8580

2 Likes

2 going on 35!

Why did the colourist leave your mullet white? It looks like a pom pom

2 Likes

He had a stammer and shook violently.

3 Likes

Post of the week :joy:

No way are you 2 there, unless you were actually born at the age of 5.

A bit like you after your second bottle of wine :stuck_out_tongue:

That is the same green dress you were wearing in Oxford two weeks ago :persevere: :mask:

Was thinking of doing one of our walls the same colour as your sawn off jumper.

1 Like

Meconium? Do B&Q mix that to order?

Tanks tops were all the rage.
It looks better than the baggy stringy thing my mum knitted.

Yes i had one in the late 60s with a bow tie,elastic jobbie.

I believe antipodeans would call it a “vest”, although a kiwi colleague used to insist that it was a “vist”.

1 Like

You were more than happy with the “up-skirt” opportunities :relieved:

1 Like