Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 1)

Even Stormtroopers need a fag break from galactic domination…

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

Those clothes would be rather fashionable in Dalston right now

Hendrix in London,67

1 Like

Wednesdays scent permeates the air…

3 Likes

2 Likes

I once heard that many of the stories about rock-and-rollers are just that - stories, completely made up, or at least wild exaggerations of relatively minor incidents. The exception, apparently, is the ones about Keith Moon. The tales about him had to be watered down, or the public wouldn’t believe them and the press certainly couldn’t publish them.

VB

1 Like

Landowner John “Mad Jack” Mytton arrived at a dinner party riding on his pet bear. His other adventures included trying to cure his hiccups by setting his shirt on fire, and dressing up as a highwayman to terrify people he’d invited to dine with him.

Hendrix avec 124

5 Likes

2 Likes

That looks like Scully 280’s behind him - similar to those in the Stax recording studio - any info on where the photo was taken ?

Electric Lady Studios in NY, I believe.

Same curtains :grinning:

2 Likes

Soho pub,1933

1 Like

Charles Aznavour at the EMI plant avec 401 / ortofon arm and SPU

2 Likes

IBC studios with Pete Townshend, Keith Moon and producer Shel Talmy. Along with x3 Tannoy 15" a Garrard 301 with early Ortofon arm

2 Likes

A Quad Of Quad

3 Likes

Making the Decca FFss Cartridge

1 Like

The Ferranti ribbon cartridge (Mounted on the end of the pictured improbable looking tonearms) is the one of a few vintage cartridges I’d love to hear

1 Like

Harrods 1920s