Any old Pics

I read an article recently that argued it should just be called Safety because no one gives a fuck about your Health.

I’m with Jim on this. It’s far too important to go Daily Mail over.

Jonathan the Giant Tortoise photographed in 1902 and what he looks like now

It is estimated that he was born in 1832!

Certainly that is not the case here, where it is called “Occupational Welfare, Health and Safety”.

Of course there is a lot of focus on compliance with safety regulations, but the focus is welfare and health. The department offers many welfare and health related services.

Good news then.

My late father riding the Globe of Death, performing the loop the loop - it is the right way up! About 1957

And here is one of him on the bike performing Australian Air Aces at the London Palladium - think 1940’s - the bloke on the trapeze with the circle round him is my late Uncle Harry

Cool AF :sunglasses:

Here are a fw more you might like!
Circa 1920’s

Circa 1940’s

I have a similar urge but it’s borne out of a fear of heights, which tends to be defined as vertigo. In fact I think mine at least is fear of heights, acrophobia. I don’t get it in tall buildings it’s mainly when I can envision the possibility of falling or jumping. The panic comes from not trusting my own senses to resist jumping or accidentally tumbling over into the abyss. It’s also a recurring nightmare for me :flushed:

So the Forth Bridge walk would be out of the question.

Wiki:
A fear of heights is called acrophobia. Acrophobia can range from fear when on the top floor of a tall building, to fear of standing on a chair. People with acrophobia feel a sense of panic when they’re at a certain height and often become unable to trust their sense of balance

No problem with heights at all, but a problem with narrow ledges/walkways at height.

This balcony is 60% of the way up the church tower in the town where I was brought up.

I think the Victorians may have added that iron railing. There’s another balcony at the 80% point. The flat landscape makes for a fantastic view but on a windy day you are very aware of just how high up you are.

VB

Boston Stump (which is anything but!) - must get my carcase up there!

Been up York minster and Durham cathedral - both superb.

So long as I have something reasonably reliable to hold on to I’m fine.

Vincent Black Lightning. Sold for $929.000 at auction in Las Vegas. Nice.:star_struck:

You’ll get a better class of organ donor riding that…

That’s even more than a Ferrari Dino!

At the same auction a 1997 Porsche went for £2.5 mil

Just what you would want. A safe, harmless, giant atomic bomb :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Love the way they have specified safe,harmless,just in case the parents thought they were buying their kids a real bomb

My mum would never let me have tin can alley as she thought it was dangerous (or that I would be dangerous with it)

Good job you didn’t ignore her and go on to even worse stuff for real then, eh ?

Bobby Fischer at 17 (he looks older to me)