Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 1)

Fat bloke wouldn’t even raise an eyebrow now.

5 Likes

While looking at images of the old BSA made Ariel 3 moped I came across this more exotic Continental offering.

Made BSA’s marketing effort look a little sad!

My Dad worked at BSA as a consultant during its demise through the 60’s & into the 70’s & I recall him bringing home a brochure for the Ariel 3 & querying the wisdom of the company pursuing it as a project. It’s often cited as the cause of their demise but realistically I think they’d been failing to compete with the Japanese (on conventional bikes) for some time.

There are some quite amusing Youtube films about the factory (4 altogether I think). It’s no wonder they couldn’t compete when you watch how they were still making things.

The Ariel 3 is so odd I’d actually like one.:grinning:

7 Likes
1 Like

Westminster 1909

2 Likes

Someone was brave. I wonder if it was from a balloon.

I suppose it must have been

Update

These stunning aerial photographs over London make up the first-ever comprehensive bird’s-eye view of our capital city - dating back to 1909.

The photos, showing Buckingham Palace, Westminster, South Kensington and even Chelsea’s football ground Stamford Bridge, were taken by pioneering scientist Sir Norman Lockyer.

He took to the skies in a helium balloon and soared 500ft over London to shoot the breathtaking never-before-seen views.

2 Likes

Buck House

1 Like

Trafalgar Square - note the lack of traffic

Kensington

Sloane Square

3 Likes

Stamford Bridge

4 Likes

Magnificent. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Khazi. :+1:

1 Like

Excellente

DeNiro looks like Captain Black in that pic!

Well, a bit.

2 Likes

1970s model shots;

A young Mr mws

That’s a quality syrup there

Hopefully :open_mouth:

1 Like
3 Likes

No viscous, sugary based liquids involved, I fear.