Architecture

FWIW, neither do I

My Flat was designed by James Sterling in 1958 and which married concrete and brick. I think it was called Brutalism and it was his first design contract after Uni.

1 Like

And yet Iā€™m still waiting for invitation :smile:

Seriously, you live in an architecturally (very) important building / scheme. Iā€™d love to have a look at some point.

We will have to arrange something after I redo the kitchen. Ok?

1 Like

Oo-er

2 Likes

:laughing: you might want to re-phase that Dave :wink:

Now thatā€™s a proper invite.
I bet itā€™s wipe clean walls too.

Wet room

I believe itā€™s only quite recently that in-depth analysis of Roman cement has revealed its exact composition, and most especially why it is more durable than modern cements and actually becomes harder when in contact with seawaterā€¦

2 Likes

Solved!

only probably Britainā€™s most famous Architect. meh, nothing to shout aboutā€¦
His buildings at Leicester Uni are immense (red brick series), few years back we (my practice) built a medical school there and I was intimidated to say the least.

lucky bugger.

Mind you the builder of our apartments run out of money and could not finish them. Now of course they are Grade II.

1 Like

without sounding like a weirdo, would be good to have a look at some point. At your place I mean. Just expect some strange architect-rubbing-concrete shenanigans, similar to Vic Reeves rubbing his thighs.

No problem as I said I need to do some redecorating first.

James Gowan was his partner on this one.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a listed building?

FML

6 Likes

Ermā€¦, Lutyens, Pugin, Rennie Mackintosh, Fosterā€¦? And what was the other fella? Named after a bird or summat?

Oh yes, Wren.

1 Like

Canā€™t believe Iā€™ve managed to start an arch based debate here, brilliant. Should have probably pre-empted that with the modern era, Rogers and Foster would have a hard time besting in many peopleā€™s opinion.

Hallway.

1 Like

Brutal

3 Likes

ism

FFS

2 Likes