Architecture

Not to denigrate it or anything, but it looks, ahh, erm, a bit council… :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Emperors new clothes.

It’s a fucking brick passage

2 Likes

People actually come from all over the world to visit :heart_eyes:

Really? I didn’t realise the RNIB did field trips.

5 Likes

Mostly student Architects.

Architecture, like all art is a matter of taste. Best left there I have found in many instances, some appreciate modern architecture, some don’t.
prince-charles

Great. Another generation of brick passages then.

Poundbury presents an excellent case for Prince Charles being utterly clueless. Hideous mess.

Stirling:

Foster:

zayed-national-museum

That looks like the corridor in my local GP surgery which was built in the 60’s or 70’s

You would probably get a better class of dope dealer working out of that corridor…

1 Like

He needed help?

Sterling: Stuttgart Opera House.

1 Like

Ok, so he watched Thunderbirds as a kid.

Strangely, your link has failed this time, Dave :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Until you edited it :smiley:

2 Likes

apples with apples, come on. Fosters first commission (equivalent) was for a wealthy family friend, similar modernist influence insitu concrete and blocks…

1 Like

Sir James Stirling

Have to say I’m enjoying this. If anyone is genuinely interested, get over to Archdaily to see how well the rest of Europe is dealing with the need for cheaper housing, far more important than a taste debate.

He lost me when he went too far into Post-Modernism I’m afraid, but that’s just a matter of taste.

1 Like

Dave. Just because someone designs something of (dubious) note, doesn’t mean he hasn’t designed a carbuncle or two.

I’m sure your flat is perfectly fine. An architectural masterpiece it is not.

1 Like