[Archive] What are you listening to?

4 Likes

George Haslam : "Words Unspoken"

CDR2F.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAxWDQ5OA==/z/igQAAOSwLEtYiGz9/$_32.JPG?set_id=89040003C1

CDR2F.

VR2F @ 24bit/48khz, streamed.

Ovoc.

Magnificent pressing of a wonderful LP.

1 Like

Ovoc

First listen. CDR2F.

1 Like

By The Sea: By The Sea

Ovoc via The Great Pop Supplement (R.I.P. :cry:)

First listen. CDR2F. Woah, this is cracking from the off! Just bought the Pacific albums box-set, licensed & remastered by Blue Note. Ten albums, think I’m in fer a real treat with this guy! Read a few reviews already, he was reckoned to be one of the cream of the crop big band leaders in the period covered by this set.(1960’s) He was also reckoned to have a strong influence on many of the Blue Note artists of this period too.

Also bagged the big Elvin Jones Blue Note set & t’ Dizzy Reece Mosaic select sets so bit spoilt fer choice.

First listen. CDR2F.

1 Like
2 Likes

ovoc

1 Like

Proper good is that, Kev. Really top drawer line-up.

First listen. CDR2F.

Ovoc

CDR2F. First listen.

Looks an interesting box-set Chris where did you buy it ?

Edit - just found it on Spotify so will have a listen :+1:

1 Like

LP - loud

1 Like

Juno Records Download site as zipped FLAC files. It is the same mastering as the CD set. Stoopid cheap at the mo @ only £12-49 for FLAC, even cheaper in lossy formats(why would you though!).

Here’s the link to the relevant pages.>>

This is the direct link for the Gerald Wilson set.

There’s quite a few, often labelled on the Juno site as “Capitol Vaults” sets, eg the Bobby Hutcherson, Dizzy Reece & Thad Jones sets. But you’ll see on the bill of sale & tagging that they are Blue Note sets.

It took me a little bit of digging to identify which sets were what exactly. Quite a few Mosaic Select sets, that look good too, eg Charles Tolliver, Big John Patton, Stanley Turrentine. I think the normal download price is around £1-60 a track in FLAC format & these sets are usually quite a pretty penny for the downloads & often silly :moneybag: or unobtanium for the CD sets, as they are mostly limited to 5000 sets Worldwide.

There are also a few good looking sets on other labels for Don Cherry, Pharaoh Sanders & quite a few others.