[Archive] What are you listening to?

Thought the cover art for this reminded me somewhat of another album, when I saw this posted on here a short while back.

http://www.basementdiscs.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Herbie-Hancock-Monster-532709.jpg

Sheer accident that this got played next 'ere of course, but at least now it will no longer bug me.

CDR2F.

2 Likes

Jamil Sheriff Octet : “Backchat” (2007)

CDR2F.

1 Like

Totally unfamiliar with them. So I had a shufti on YouTube. I liked it so went to eBay and bought a copy for £2.76.

many thanks for that

Yeah I came across it a while back on the Amazon web site when I did a random search for albums on the British “33 Jazz” label a couple of years back, as I had liked everything I’d bought on this label previously. Turned up quite a few good new finds, including a couple of albums by Alex Hutton IIRC.

Jamil Sheriff seems an able composer/leader & pianist. Certainly an emerging Brit Jazz talent to keep an eye on. I think he trained at Leeds IIRC.

I’ll check that label out

Thanks again

Sheriff certainly seems good from what I’ve heard so far

Ovoc. Paid for it yesterday at 9:45 when the issue was announced. It arrived this morning. A typical collection of really interesting primitive electronica on the Polytechnic Youth label.

1 Like

CDR2F.

[

Paid for mine a week ago and still not here :frowning:

[rephlex lp]

CDR2F.

I bought it from direct from Dom. Norman and Piccadilly will have received their stock today. Dom got his yesterday.

CDR2F.

CDR2F.

Ah, that explains that. I find Dom impossible to get hold of.

Magnificent stuff…

2 Likes

2 Likes