[Archive] What are you listening to?

I’d quite like it to be a rule you always type the artist and album even when it is obvious.

It’s impossible to search otherwise. I tried to look back at a few comments for an album the other day and it was impossible to find them in the numbers…

Although this post is likely to be doomed to the meh…

Just been reminded I was waiting until pay day to order. Just ordered now. By the looks of it the AA membership have probably bought most copies!

I only know about it because of this thread which is both good and bad.

The record was released on the Polytechnic Youth label. Usually the vast bulk of the pressing sells out via the Mailing List/FB page almost immediately. There are 4 or 5 of us on here that buy the records regularly. I guess we might have 5% of the more limited pressing being snapped up by butchers…

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve noticed you mention the label before but I don’t do Facebook.

I have bought a couple from the Deep Distance label after seeing it mentioned. This Vorderhaus lp and the Eat Lights Become Lights lp are my favourites so far. Good to come across stuff like this through here, even though I’m trying to limit spending :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Playing that yesterday. Great LP

Pink rimmed Island

3 Likes

81OV6rZ2MkL__SX425_

5 Likes

Rough trade had some left

And Mark himself has plenty for anyone still to get this if you order via bandcamp.

The next PY single appears to be involving him too!

:grin:

Rules go down really well here!

(Although I agree that it would be good if people listed artist and album if not obvious)

The first one is Obscured By Clouds by Pink Floyd, The last one is Pulse also by Floyd.

No idea about the middle one with out googling

The middle one is the new Mogwai LP, Every Country’s Sun, which has been in this thread multiple times this week. It is a brand new release by a not-very-prog-at-all band containing no members over the age of 70 so WTF @MGOwner is doing listening to it beats me.

:smirk:

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

A recap of music since my last post…

Now…

What’s the middle one please?

Stereolab_NotMusic

Stereolab: Not Music

Ovoc

2 Likes

If you go on the basis that most albums with no clue to title or Artist are Porcupine Tree or Steven Wilson you won’t be far wrong. They are all worth avoiding :grinning:

2 Likes

That’s true, but we need to know what to avoid…:thinking: