Armchair politics

Oh, it must just be me then :flushed:

I was just having a bad day, OK? Onesies are very comfortable, and I can’t help it if I have long arms.

3 Likes

Tesco…

Fuck sake

You’re aware that posting articles from The Canary is analogous to articles from Breitbart, right?

2 Likes

He is also involved with this lot https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/04/tory-mp-nadhim-zahawi-tax-haven-balshore-berkford-investments-gibraltar and owes a £25 mill pound house.

None of it matters unless he breaks the law.

If the facts are wrong I’ll withdraw it.

Even Breitbart and the Daily Mail are right sometimes as is I suspect the Canary.

As are stopped clocks. If someone of a right-wing persuasion put up Breitbart links as credible sources on here they’d get roasted, and rightly so.

If the links, or links from anywhere, contain facts I don’t see a problem.

Of course the Canary has an agenda but I would expect anyone with a modicum of intelligence to be able to see the facts from the agenda. I can and I barely have O’Levels.

So if any publication contains some verifiable facts, they get a pass? Interesting quality filter you have.

I don’t read it but is the Canary also pursuing a racist agenda?

When and why did this become about me?

No publication or webshite is perfect obviously. If we only read what is flawless I’d expect the media industry to collapse pretty quickly.

I know full well that no such thing exists, but The Canary is firmly on the Breitbart level of fact-checking and agenda pushing. It has no credibility becuase it cannot hold up to any standard of serious journalism through its relatively short history. It’s an activist rag.

It’s not about you, insomuch that you posted a Canary article, and I question why you would do it when there are credible sources available to help make the comment and discussion you’re presumably hoping to kindle.

Or, you know, you could actually write something yourself instead of just lazy linking.

If you want to keep linking Canary stories here, that’s your prerogative. But imo, I’m not sure that it best helps you make your argument or highlight your points. Others may think it’s great though.

1 Like

People sometimes post links here to stories/pics in the Fail just because that’s the handiest link to whatever story it might be. The point is the story, not first-and-foremost the paper/site telling it. To be fair the Fail linkers usually apologise alongside the posting, but even if they didn’t I don’t think they’d get roasted for using the site. They might get roasted if the story was false news though.

VB

I 100% respectfully disagree.

The Mail is as bad as Breitbart - actually in lots of ways it is many, many times worse, not least because of its reach, but also the sheer awfulness of it on such a broad range of issues, completely aside from politics.

2 Likes

This

The Heil is one of the most evil things in our society. It is hate, but disguised as news. It poisons us all.

4 Likes

Lazy linking :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Excellent.

As VB says it’s about the article. I scan about 15 publications every morning, including BBC, The Mail, Grauniad, Torygraph, Huff, Canary, AlterNet, Fox and so on - no printed papers anymore. If I see an article that is factual I may link it if I think it may be of interest. The Canary article was where I saw this story, it has FACTS from the register of members interests. In my view it’s true. If it’s not true please let me know and I’ll remove my post

A few verifiable facts are one thing, one-eyed overbearing agendas are quite another. Don’t see much value in the way activists with axes to grind spin facts to make points in isolation that validate their own world view.

1 Like

You ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------> The point.