Armchair politics

He could bring back the Spanish Inquisition. No one would expect that.

6 Likes

The Ottoman Empire was probably top nation in the 15th Century.

And in related news Viz suggest reading issue 268 for this:

Alternatively, you could read this:

Decades? Pre-reformation via Torquemada if he gets half a chance.

1 Like

What is his voting record like on this? Because Tim Farron is anti gay marriage on a personal level, but voted in favour because he’s not a massive cunt. Anyone checked Rees-Mogg?

1 Like

Just checked:
Jacob Rees-Mogg consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.

How Tim Farron voted on Social Issues

Generally voted for equal gay rights
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 3 absences, between 2007–2014

To be fair, Tim Farron did pay for it in the end by disappearing up his own wazoo on the subject.

An entertainingly appropriate turn of phrase

2 Likes

Erm, he lost the last election, despite a lot of people holding their noses and voting for him to weaken the Tories. I seriously doubt he’ll get the same support again. He wouldn’t from me, and I know a lot like me that had to go against everything they believed in to vote Labour purely to give Parliament a say on Brexit, and to scupper the cynical Tory power grab.

He never had your vote anyway James.
It will be a rwo horse race the difference is this time far more people would consider Corbyn electable than last time, and the alternative could be a homophobic misogynistic old etonion caricature. .

BoJo? TRM? A.N. Other homophobic misogynistic old etonion caricature? There seems to be an excess supply of them, although to be fair to BoJo I don’t recall him being homophobic.

1 Like

Well, his sister certainly isn’t

3 Likes

Isn’t what? An Old Etonian, homophobe, Tory? All I know about her is that she thought about running for the Lib Dems having been a Tory and that following a reasonably successful and respected career as a columnist for the FT (inter alia) she has retired from journalism and taken up writing for the Mail on Sunday :smirk:.

She isn’t homophobic as far as I know. If she was then that would be very hypocritical of her

2 Likes

This could be entertaining, especially in the unlikely event that the challenge is upheld!

2 Likes

Bring it on!! It was a bribe and should be exposed as such. The time of Stronzetto is nigh

2 Likes

:robot: Strong.And.Stable.:robot:

2 Likes