Armchair politics

Without a shadow of a doubt, we’re in the shit. However, the way the tories are handling things, I’d rather be in the shit with a Labour government than Theresa’s proven self serving fuckwits. At least there would be a new clusterfuck to entertain and ridicule.

5 Likes

Best to keep an eye on Mr Hunt while Brexit, Sexminister and Bojo are getting all the attention. This came to my attention this morning and reminded me what a callous, unprincipled, lying little shitweasel Jeremy is. Luckily Ralf Little (:confounded:) is on the case:

I imagine that Ralf had a fair bit of help with this but, as a demolition job, it is a work of art.

14 Likes

A more thorough and comprehensive takedown is impossible to imagine.

Maybe not all his own work but good on him for utterly taking that smug lying twat and ripping him to shreds.

5 Likes

Brilliant comeback from Little. I’d definitely pay to watch the debate, if it ever happens - which it won’t, sadly.

1 Like

Most enjoyable read

1 Like

Wonderful stuff.

Great to see him take down with facts and not mud slinging.

I know. I have to say that despite not calling him all sorts of names for very good reasons, I feel Team Ralph could have unleashed a spectacular deluge of hatred and opprobrium if their research is anything to go by. I would like to see a draft of their best attempt at mud slinging, purely for research purposes.

:innocent::innocent::innocent:

1 Like

I notice that Hunt (on his twitter feed) is citing The Commonwealth Fund survey which he claims shows the NHS as #1 out of 12 nations ie Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

However even the slightest probing of this data reveals that the NHS came up 10th out of 12 in the Health Outcomes category which surely is the one that matters. Apart from the fact that this was a phone survey of adults over 65 asking them their opinions rather than something derived from empirical data it just goes to show how desperate Hunt is to paint the NHS’s achievements in the best possible light… Basically happy to misrepresent data such as it is.

_In comparison with the healthcare systems of ten other countries (Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and USA) the NHS was found to be the most impressive overall by the Commonwealth Fund in 2017. _
The NHS was rated as the best system in terms of safe care, affordability and equity. It was also ranked first in the ‘care process’ category, which encompassed preventive care, safe care, coordinated care and engagement and patient preferences.
In the category of health care outcomes, the NHS fared less well (10th). However the researchers did find that the UK achieved the greatest decline in mortality amenable to healthcare between 2004 and 2014 (37 per cent). 29

1 Like

Looking at the problem dispassionately, I’d throw out a hypothesis that the NHS is now so large, and so unwieldy that it’s perfectly possible (and straightforward) for both sides to attack and defend idealogically, simply beacuse there is a bewildering amount of statistical data available that can be interpreted and or manipulated in any way required to suit the ends.

Raw stats have always had the possibility of being abused of course, but I think an institution such as the NHS creates an even greater possibility for this to happen.

Taking nothing away from RL’s responses to JH though. They look on the surface to be well researched, although I haven’t looked in detail at the Fullfact links, mainly because there are so many!

Meh ! Nothing’ll even scratch Teflon Boris.

450 mill is one expensive cock up.

It’s similar to the time he said that if we left Europe we’d save £350m a week for the NHS, and it was cruelly interpreted as meaning if we left Europe we’d save £350m a week for the NHS

For an NHS that can give no certainty of residency to a fair proportion of its workforce, and finds it much

more difficult to recruit.

This is obviously a problem of the NHS’s own construction which would be resolved by giving them no money, alienating their workforce, and privatising the most attractive bits. :roll_eyes:

C’mon get with the program and stop being such a traitor…

:confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded:

4 Likes

Fixt

Whooooooosh…

Wake up Wayne…

1 Like

As Ian Hislop put it, “The NHS safe is in their hands”.

1 Like

Yeah

https://d2v9y0dukr6mq2.cloudfront.net/video/thumbnail/EQ8Uu6D/videoblocks-sloth-yawning-sleeping-on-a-branch-costa-rica_bsiso4kog_thumbnail-full12.png

1 Like

For. Fuck’s. Sake.

:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

I particularly enjoyed this quote:

“Nobody would be in politics if they didn’t have a desire to change people’s lives for the better.”

I can understand him avoiding Jacob Rees-Mogg but has he not met Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove or Boris Johnson at Cabinet Meetings and worked out what they are all about?

Brilliant, just brilliant comedy. It is all in the timing I am told…:unamused:

5 Likes