Armchair politics

Spines?

1 Like

Mine too, I’m afraid. Although I’d also argue that as well as their nastiness the current Labour leadership and Red Guard equivalents also carry a heavy weight of incompetence, at least as evidenced by their policy proposals, none of which seem to stand up.

Nick Cohen has always been good at this. He is a genuine commited leftie, so he knows whereof he speaks. I and my fellow students had the real pleasure of watching him and Stefan Szymanski run a campaign for presidency of our college’s JCR - one of them was the candidate and the other was his ‘agent’, I can’t now remember who was which. They stood on a platform of revolutionary Stalinism and played the whole thing for laughs, of which there were very many. Come election day they might have won (again I can’t remember). If they did then they must have abdicated immediately.

VB

1 Like

Sadly, there are none to be had in politics these days. I notice an alarming absence of chins and stiff upper lips with the current Government…

2 Likes

I cannot abide Tom Watson, his paedophile crusade was politically led rather than victim and he helped to destroy a principled senior police officers career to further his means. Hilary Benn would be a much better moderating influence and able to hold his own, but like the police officer he appears principled.

If you mean Gordon Angelsea he absolutely had it coming.

I didn’t

So it was?

Don’t tell him, Pike!

5 Likes

The Corbynista’s have the stench of Trumpism about them. The dogmatic ideologue must not be questioned, and if you dare speak up you will be removed from the front benches.

If you say anything anti-Corbyn on twitter you are very likely to receive death threats from the far left nut jobs currently in his thrall. (See April Preston’s account as a citation).

It’s a constant source of irony for me when the left presume to have some kind of moral superiority over the right. There’s a disconnect between their own tribal hatred and bigotry and that of their opponents. Perhaps one day we’ll move away from derby day yabooism, but the country seems to be wired that way. Just go to any football match for evidence.

1 Like

The senior officer in charge of the enquiry. He was praised for his diligence, principles and evidential conclusion by the Parliamentary Select Committee, despite Watsons attempt to influence the outcome and continued interference. The officer stood firmly behind his conclusions and was proven correct to do so, the casualty being his career.
Names, transcripts and details of events are available via search engines.

When these Tories had a leader, they were a shower of cunts. Now leaderless, they are a pointless shower of cunts. An alternative is badly needed.

My 3-step plan for a Labour victory:

1. Get Ed Balls back into Parliament and make him leader
  2. Replace all Party Political Broadasts, public speeches and statements of policy with this:

3. Wait for landslide.

1 Like

Some sources other than the Telegraph? Not really sure what I’m looking for here, but you apparently are…so, is a non fantasy source available?

1. 28 April to be a bank holiday.

:roll_eyes:

Feels a bit more like the Bernie Bros, but the effects are very similar.

It was Paul Settle, all you had to do was fucking google it.

PS - Tom Watson is a self serving media whoring cunt.

1 Like

And David Davis was not in contempt of Parliament according to Bercow. The Government ‘could have been clearer’ he said, ‘and might do well to stop behaving like a bunch of fucking muppets’ he didn’t add.

Meh!

3 Likes

How dare you to insult the Muppets!

The “special” is strong with this one.

1 Like

Had to laugh at the Daily Excess calling for Theresa May to kick the 11 Tory rebels out of the party, forcing them to sit as Independent MPs until the next General Election. They haven’t spotted the tiny flaw in that tactic… :rofl:

8 Likes