Armchair politics

As they’ve been debating at the UN, is the normalisation of chemical weapons…

Either you accept that their premise is totally abhorrent and unacceptable in all situations, or you allow it to gradually proliferate…

I agree, the rest of the Syrian situation is pretty much war as normal…

All the difference in the world, apparently.

VB

1 Like

Dieing from a gas attack must be horrendous. But so must dieing from guns, bombs, missiles, bayonets, bare hands etc etc.

I’ve never seen the difference myself and never understoodwhy there are rules of war. War is a nasty fucking business and it should be humanity’s greatest priority to stop all wars now.

I’d like to know how many politicians’ children or other family members are active service personnel. Perhaps we should go back to when the king/queen/emperor led the troops into battle. You call for war, you fucking go and fight.

Idealistic? Yep.

The only winners in war are the financiers and the arms manufacturers.

1 Like

There’s a tale.

2 Likes

There doesn’t seem to be much evidence for one besides accounts from the White Helmets (friends of head-choppers Jaysh al-Islam) who for some strange reason we’re funding.

It’s Groundhog Day, and I claim my £5!! :grinning:

Yes, that is good news. And so is the recovery of the Skripals and the policeman from the chemicals.

VB

IMO, the whole ‘West vs Russia’ debacle smells somewhat rotten.

2 Likes

I’m in agreement. The whole thing has an air of unreality but it just may be that we are in the middle of a disinformation war. That said I sense that Trump and Putin are both accomplished manipulators (possibly allies?) and May and Johnston are a pair of imbeciles caught in the middle perhaps being played by both sides.

1 Like

Disinformation war - certainly

Allies - highly unlikely

Agenda - ?

3 Likes

To keep the news cycle away from domestic affairs and/or to make Trump look like he is taking on the Russians?

Finite natural resources.

4 Likes

Plus the selfish gene.

VB

Not only was nothing from Spiez referred to in the summary, it seems there was nothing from them in the full report either Russia asks OPCW why Swiss experts’ conclusions on Salisbury case omitted — Lavrov - Russian Politics & Diplomacy - TASS. “None of those factors, to say nothing of BZ, were mentioned in the report that OPCW experts had presented to the Executive Council”. Lavrov is indicating that he’s got something from Spiez. Presumably that came via some sort of other (unofficial ?) channel. If the OPCW haven’t backed it though then I don’t attach much weight to it.

VB

Out of interest have Assad and Putin apologised for dumping a bomb on a building full of civilians, killing 50 or so and injuring the same again?

Can’t remember them having done so nor made any commitment to investigating why Assad’s forces killed so many Syrian citizens.

They are both cunts of the highest order, so i shouldn’t raise my expectations too high.

Anyone seen the document of evidence relating to that bomb containing chemical agents that the French have released?

I’d got the impression that samples were sent to 5 different accredited laboratories. The one at Spiez certainly seems to be OPCW accredited. judging by their website. The news report suggests they received & tested a sample but their findings haven’t found their way into the full version of the report sent out to member states. Lavrov must’ve seen or been told about the content of the Spiez submission. It’ll be interesting to see how this develops.

1 Like
1 Like

http://newsthump.com/2018/04/11/syria-accused-of-attacking-daily-mail-hq-after-journalists-found-foaming-at-the-mouth/

3 Likes