:laughing:

4 Likes

Must be done - to match the SUTs :grin:

Lipstick on a pig.:+1:

1 Like

worth a read
http://www.intactaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=752

In his second post in the thread, Dave says:
“I am not a big fan of applying any load to any transformer since it always seems to wreck the sound for me”

Which pretty much equals my experience in the past

1 Like

Audio Innovations Amp and CD Player.
Nearly bought these at Richer Sounds for a very cheap price (new) years ago.

and they are related to Audio Note SUT’s how?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s Dave, mate, best to let it lie.

3 Likes

Sorry I thought I saw AI earlier on. Do apologise dear chap(s)

2 Likes

Yes, AI have been mentioned

:grin:

They look shit with the chrome fronts anyway…:grimacing:

But they sounded quite good. But I think the design put people off and I they went out of business.
The reduction in price at the end was about 70%

The amp was really rather good - remember Nick having one in his second system at a bake-off.

Iirc there were two versions, with different circuit designs. Later one possibly after takeover by Richer Sounds???

1 Like

Yes, I believe the black ones were made by AI and are far superior to the chrome ones .

1 Like

AI did also make them with chrome fronts ,(both amp and CD player) and I think those early units were better than the redesigned China made versions that Richer produced once they’d taken over the company.
The China made amp has LEDs indicating which source was selected as per the picture above. Seen side by side the earlier one had much more nicely made casework.

Did the AI circuit use a single power rail and cap coupled output, while the later one used dual rail supply and dc coupled output? Seem to remember reading that once, ages ago

Yes. Thats right. The CDP used a DAC designed by John Westlake who’d designed the PT digital stuff & who was also developing Cambridge Audio’s range.

I stand corrected :face_with_raised_eyebrow: