Beautiful Things

Detailed View of a Solar Eclipse Corona
Image Credit & Copyright: Miloslav Druckmüller (Brno U. of Tech.), Martin Dietzel, Peter Aniol, Vojtech Rušin

Just incredible

5 Likes
2 Likes

grand_tour-small

Stunning Voyager 40th Anniversary posters

They are very reminiscent of the brilliant New American Library Sci-Fi novel covers

https://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/downloads/

7 Likes

Very interesting. But it doesn’t seem to be attached to any foundations. Nor is it clear if it has underground services (water, sewer connections, a gas supply). In the event of a flood if the door(s) don’t leak too quickly then I guess it becomes a boat (maybe, or maybe not A Bad Thing).

VB

Looks to me as if the video was for demo purposes. Out in the world as it were I’d expect it to be ‘printed’ onto a foundation with services in place.

I’d be interested to know how they did the roof. Maybe pre-cast ?

VB

Could be or just a traditional type maybe?

It seems to be built on the permafrost :rolling_eyes:. Interesting but fairly unrealistic, certainly by UK standards.

I wonder how they do the hinges.

3 Likes

Tidy point-to-point wiring.

Big up to my youngest daughter who has just finished her MA in Linguistics. She is speaking here on Wednesday this week. It’s her first international conference.

After completing her Phd I expect her go back but to the senior conference.

10 Likes

Conference in Vienna. Nice.

1 Like

Daughter is speaking right now.

Might have to play the Euromillions tonight.:star_struck:

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful, but it doesn’t say how much tax is left on it. That would put me off.

2 Likes

Bet it doesn’t have an MOT either.

It’s ok I s’pose, but suffers terminally from being on the same page as the Ferrari

2 Likes