Best integrated amp with htb

Phil, you know what sounds brilliant with Harbeth 5.
Unison Research Unico 90.

I am still besotted. :laughing:

…except none of those are acronyms :+1:

They are not well known yet and are difficult to pronounce.
There hardly is a proper well known TLA that I can think of without looking

TLA is reasonably well known to mean Three Letter Acronym isn’t it?

FBI
NSA
CIA
KGB
NUS
CWU
BBC
IBM
AMD
USA
GBP
USD

fuck it I’m bored now

CBA

1 Like

As Jim has pointed out (I think) technically speaking a three letter acronym is a word. I don’t think any of your examples are words.

Computer Aided Design as CAD is though.

Really TLA could be more accurate if it meant Three Letter Abbreviation

1 Like

nope three letter abbreviation or acronym is the same thing and doesn’t have to be a word.

acro|nym
[ˈakrənɪm]
NOUN
an abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (e.g. ASCII, NASA). Compare with initialism.
synonyms: shortened form ¡ short form ¡ contraction ¡ elision ¡ acronym ¡ initialism ¡ symbol ¡ diminutive

You are wrong and Jim correct.
“a pronounceable name made up of a series of initial letters or parts of words; for example, UNESCO for the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organisation”

OED

acronym
NOUN
An abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (e.g. ASCII, NASA).

Compare with initialism

ah so good to hear you still love it, yes its an amazing amp for the money

Yay! You’re back. Did you reset your password to get rid of the amusing bloke?

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

How does fuck off sound? :rofl:

5 Likes

Money not in it. Remember I had Lavardin IT15. - ÂŁ9200.
Unico much better.
May be that I have struck lucky with the synergy.

1 Like

Seem to recall the Lavardin kit is relatively low powered so will depend on speakers a lot more.

anyone ever heard thrax stuff . made in bulgaria . at some point hope to have a play with one . heres the blurb on this enyo integrated

Features
ENYO features two pure tube power amplifiers developed from the ground up using our long experience designing tube circuits.
The amplifier is fully differential push pull design with a special cathode feedback ultra linear output stage.
In the design we use custom double C core output transformer of the highest quality and vibration proof military transmission pentodes.

http://www.thrax.bg/Enyo.php

according to one or two folks its rather special

Think they were using them to drive some Rosso Fiorentinos at Munich. Overall a rather decent sound. No idea how much each component was contributing what to it mind.

Pretty sure Paul Benge sells them.

yes been chatting to paul today about them , thrax gradually becoming more well known like grandinote but always exceedingly nervous of esoteric stuff that can be a nightmare to resell when you upgrade

I really liked the Thrax room at Munich when I went a couple of years back. Pricey kit though.
Ob at wintersaudio sells them I think.

yes i looked at his site but couldn`t see anything . hifi guy do them and yes it is pricy stuff .