Bitcoin etc

Cease with the vacillation. Off you fuck.

Will you ghastly fucking Colonials please just get a room, already… :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Silence, you web-toed fen dweller…

4 Likes

You can still mine at home, gpu based alt-coins, such as etherium and zcash, both are still profitable.

Gambling is fun.

Buy bitcoin.

I used coinbase, they seem ok. Yes the fees are crap at the moment.

1 Like

Read something a while ago that said it takes about 18 months to make any profit once you’ve covered the costs of the GPU and power etc.

Anything that starts involving cats has got to be a load of old wank

Varies on the card, current value and future value of the coin mined etc. I had the cards for gaming already so I figured why not.

This costing was based on someone starting from scratch so seemed pointless to me.

The equipment also has a used value. I don’t see any point starting from scratch really, although so far it would have paid off a lot quicker than 18 months.

1 Like

I’ve got a 970GTX. What do I do?

Gib muni.

1 Like

For example, in July I mined some Zcash, this was making about £1 a day at the value then. I moved £25 worth of Zcash into Bitcoin on Jul 21st. That’s now worth £125, or 1/3rd of my gpu. In a month of mining.

1 Like

https://zec.nanopool.org/help

Zcash Wallet:
https://zcash4win.com/

So what is this malarkey?
What exactly happens?
In small words please.

You run some pointless calculations on a powerful computer, and you get free money.

Who gives you the money?

You have a bitcoin, which is unique to you and has value

Who do you do the calculations for?

Is there an evil genius behind it?

The block chain is a ledger of transactions.

This is maintained and updated by the distributed processing power of the miners.

Until all the coins are allocated, these are rewarded for each block of the chain to the miners. There is also a Fee on each transaction that goes to the miner.

Simples.

Lololollll.

4 Likes

So if I buy something, drugs for example, with my on bitcoin, which cost 10% of a bitcoin, do I have an electronic 90% of a bitcoin left?

No, you have to buy £17k of drugs in one go