All right …warranty :grinning:

You’ll be expecting capitals and punctuation next :rofl:

1 Like

1 out of 2.

1 Like

I live in hope :smirk:

Capital letter!!

Punctuation fail though. :angry:

Gosh you guys are like English teachers !! A lost cause I’m afraid !!

Standards dear boy!

3 Likes

I live in hope.

punctuation

1 Like

Punctuation.

:smirk:

9 Likes

You will never guess what my mrs does for a living !!! she has a masters in english education !!!

just called vaillant out to my 19 year old boiler , i must say they really do give good service. another diverter valve , last one changed in 2015 . they carry the parts and do it very efficently i must say

We’re getting an Ideal Vogue.

What’s the premium over a non-ideal Vogue?

About the same as going for an Autobiography over the HSE…

The dancers don’t bump into one another (this is one of the best boiler ads I’ve ever seen)

VB

2 Likes

Ah Madonna, that old boiler!

1 Like

Anyone have much experience of non-gas boilers? The house we are looking at doesn’t have mains gas, and I suspect trying to run central heating off bottles is going to be a bit mental, although not impossible.

There is currently an oil fired boiler in there, but it was installed in something like 1961 and hasn’t been used in about 15 years, and the underground oil tank is fucked and would need replacing. I’m also mindful that oil is likely to get markedly more expensive over the next 10-15 years.

The house does come with about a hectare of crop planted pine (not sure on specific species), which I suspect is probably enough that with replacement planting we can use as a permanent fuel source, and we’re looking at getting a 25KW stove to go in the lounge which will make a serious contribution to the heat requirements.

Looking at possibly a pellet or biomass boiler; the initial costs are a good bit higher but should then keep fuel costs low. We’re really not short of space for storing fuel for such a system.

John, we use a heat pump in our place and it works a treat, we got some sort of eco grant to help with cost. Ground source would also work very well if you have land. Worth doing some research.

Presumably you have three phase into the property

I think that oil and gas prices are linked, so the oil price issue is probably not that important if you don’t think the gas price issue is.

But anyway, renewables and a log farm sounds like a win to me if you’re outside an urban area.

That’s a good point, and not something I’ve checked. I suspect there may be 3-phase into the large outbuilding, but probably not into the house itself. Putting the boiler etc. into the outbuilding and piping into the house is something we’re considering however.