Bond - Who's next?

Just to add, the bond name is big enough to generate a huge box office without a Hollywood face, I think they should go for someone relatively unknown. Hopefully a young Scottish actor, preferably of another ethnic background, bond has been too white for too long. They need to mix it up a bit.

1 Like

Wet

No thanks.

Bond is dead. The world needs to move on.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m saying they need to mix it up a bit. Posh Brit saving the world is getting a bit tired.

According to Flemming Bond attended Eton. I very much hope the opening sequence of the next film doesnā€™t start with a ghastly smashed bottle of Buckie the remnants of which are still sticky with fried Mars Bar.

1 Like

Fck me, talk about stereotypes. I was thinking more of someone with a brilliant brain who attended a top university from a non public school privileged background. Think Iā€™ll step away now.

2 Likes

Not sure about the actor - I donā€™t really know who the fuck anyone is any more, barely know who the fuck I am - but Iā€™d love it if someone had the courage to reboot the whole franchise and actually set the stories in the times that Fleming had in mind when he was writing. Those are the times that shaped the whole character of Commander Bond - WW2 fresh in the minds of every adult, Cold War in full swing, Cuba, Berlin Airlift, Korea, Suez, Vietnam simmeringā€¦ Mad Men with supervillains and nuclear crisesā€¦ Imagine what you could do with a good eye for historic detail + modern SFXā€¦

Why would they care about King & country?

Our magnificent achievements in international relations over the past 500 years.

5 Likes

Contenders for the next Bond
according to Ladbrokes:

Aaron Taylor-Johnson: 5/2
Henry Cavill: 5/2
James Norton: 11/4
Rege-Jean Page: 8/1
Tom Hardy: 9/1
Jack Lowden: 10/1
Idris Elba: 12/1
Aidan Turner: 16/1
Callum Turner: 16/1
Sope Dirisu: 16/1
Jonathan Bailey: 20/1

Iā€™d worry more about whoā€™s going to write and direct vs who is going to strut about in the tuxā€™

I worry about the temptation to go woke, and how itā€™s liable to make it unwatchable.
It needs to evolve, but if they even think about messing with the core formula I suspect it will suffer.

Iā€™ve no idea who most of them are. So out of touch with music and film

All the ones who wonā€™t get it.

Producers know at least a couple of things now:

He (you can count that as one) has to be able to act.
He needs to look like he really could kill somone.
He needs to be young enough to make a few films.
Heā€™s probably not the one you are thinking of.

There were strong rumours the top of the list filmed some promo shots, but I canā€™t see that being a genuine leak.

Bloody hell this thread has got it all: national stereotyping, scary ā€œwokeā€. What a load of cock.

Muting you now.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

The Bond recipe

Glamor
Gadgets
Gratuitous violence
Genuine baddie
Gets it on with Baddies wife
Guns
Interesting Geographic settings
Gaston Gartins
Girls
Perhaps the new direction could be Glue?

1 Like

The gadget segment has always been my favourite part of bond. Saying that,the last bond I saw was moonraker at Leicester Square when it was released.

1 Like

This - I reckon Brosnan was the best all round actor to play Bond, but he was given, by a country mile, some of the worst scripts in cinematic history. Utterly terrible.

1 Like