Brexit and Football

Anyone out there know what will happen to football in this cuntry of ours AFTER Brexit? Will the whole Bosman thing be finished? Or will we still welcome overseas (EU) players. If there is an exodus of EU players will SKY / BT et al stop putting money in to the PL? Without the big money from the broadcasters a lot of clubs will (probably?) be in financial trouble.

Just asking like.

It’ll be back to the playgrounds, jumpers for goals posts, oh those were the days…

3 Likes

You may have hit on an election winner!
Brexit means Brexit and Brexit means turning the PL into the Scotchland league :joy:

1 Like

The bubble has to burst at some point.

That’s what I think will happen if there is no free movement of people / players. I haven’t heard or read anything in the press about the future of football post Brexit and I wonder if anyone has even thought about it. I’m sure some clubs must have some sort of plan in place, but nothing seems to have found its way in to the press.

Looking forward to the Home Nations tournament restarting

No free movement does not mean no movement. Foreign players will always be allowed in as they end up paying huge amounts in tax and cost the country nothing. The government even charges a fortune for the visas

haven’t we been invited to join CAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation_of_African_Football

Brexit means Brexit and Brexit means turning the PL into the Scotchland league :joy:

That would be some beautiful Karma :ok_hand:

1 Like

Club motto at Villa (after Deadly Doug’s colostomy bag gave way)?

1 Like

I’m sure there’s an episode of ‘Till Death Us Do Part’ in which Alf rails against joining the Common Market on the grounds that it will open the flood gates to immigrants. His son-in-law lets him work himself up into a rage over this and then pricks the bubble by pointing out that it will mean that the best of the German footballers (Beckenbauer ? Muller ?) will be able to sign for West Ham.

VB