Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

People arguing about flags in general and the Union Flag in particular on Easter Sunday. So early 20th Century…

:innocent:

3 Likes

Exactly this. Simply stating my POV

Ooh, get you. :grin:

1 Like

To me the Union Flag is an important symbol of the sacrifices many of my friends have made. Corporal Roy Bright from my town was killed in Hyde Park. A number of friends killed in NI. I was called in to support the 1974 Catterick bombing.

It means a lot to those of us who have experienced this. Very sad that this respect of the flag is being diminished.

2 Likes

Nobody, AFAICS, is diminishing anybody that has served in the armed forces, nor what they have done or sacrificed for their country. I have the utmost respect for them.

I am simply indifferent to the concept of any national flag being something to get aroused about.

7 Likes

Then we will agree to differ.

I’m out! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This. I would add that I am in no way trying to stop anyone from having their own views on the flag.

Nobody here has disrespected the flag so not sure what saddens you so.

The flag is symbolic and means different things to different groups. Each interprets it differently. Loyalists, orangemen and far right wing venerate it just as much as right thinking folks supporting our armed forces.

When I see hooded masked thugs marching on the streets of Glasgow in 2018 making Nazi salutes and flying the Union Jack I have no respect whatsoever.

You mention Hyde Park and Catterick in your emotional response. I’d imagine the families of the slain on Bloody Sunday view the flag differently to you.

7 Likes

Is the EU deeply flawed? Can it be fixed? Who you gonna call?

The Guardian: Yanis Varoufakis: ‘Greece is a debtors’ prison’ http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwu6Ki1TY

Nice that he’s been recognised finally…

6 Likes

I’m bored of Brexit.
The sooner its all over and done with the better.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m on an RPI-linked income, so when the economy tanks and inflation is massively higher than wage growth, I shall laugh heartily at the destitute Brexiters.

From a personal perspective I don’t need to worry about Brexit. But I can’t stop.

2 Likes

When things get truly unbearable people will welcome the fetid alternative that is Stronzetto.

Like Adam, I just can’t leave it alone.

In fact, I joined the LibDems today. Almost certainly a complete waste of time and money. I might as well have set fire to a few fivers, but there we are.

2 Likes

Is he any relation to Darth?

April Fools day was on Sunday.:rofl:

Please keep validating my choices.

Why not join the Greens instead?