Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

I still think there will be a second referendum at some point, probably the wrong point.

2 Likes

Essentially we would need to withdraw the A50 notification in order to have any chance of that.

To be fair, Barnier, Tusk and Verhofstadt have left the door wide open for us. Weā€™d probably get away with it. If we leave and want to come back, then a different story.

Juncker would probably nuke us if he could, but you canā€™t win 'em all.

1 Like

Whatever they plan they need to be quick,summer recess this Friday

If he is sober enough to locate the right button to push

Yeah. Right. That shouldnā€™t be a problem then.

VB

The problem is that the genie of English nationalism is out of the bottle now. A second referendum with a remain outcome will only exacerbate that. Any way you look at this, the country is in the middle of a severe constitutional crisis and none of the present crop of politicians appear to have the vision to lead us through it.

7 Likes

Scott Mann, Treasury PPS has resigned from Government to vote against White Paper. This plan has the stink of death about it now.

On referendum suggestions, It surely canā€™t be legislated for, particularly of the type proposed, in time for 29th March. Much twittering about this currently.

ROFL.

2 Likes
1 Like

J Oā€™B has missed the point in his closing question - ā€œIā€™d like to ask the Brexiteers ā€¦ if we didnā€™t have any powers, how can we now be saying that the Chequers deal involves us giving up all our powers ?ā€. The (hard) Brexiteers think that currently, as EU members, we donā€™t have powers. The Chequers deal would involve us giving up those powers that we could reclaim if we took the hard Brexit.

On another point, some people have been saying that we need a second referendum because parliament is deadlocked over deciding whether it wants a soft or a hard Brexit. Thatā€™s not the case is it ? If we canā€™t decide that we do want a soft Brexit then the famous (infamous) hard ā€˜backstopā€™ position has already been established. We will crash out, except that weā€™ve committed not to act in such a way as to create a border in Ireland.

VB

That will be true with the Greening plan. I wonder if there should be four options: remain, Greening, renegotiate deal (and get more time to do so) or leave under WTO.

1 Like

So the Brexiteers place amendments on the Customs Bill, which to avoid potential defeat the Govt accept. It is nice that the Brexiteers trust the Government now this:

Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. What a massive clusterfuck this is if it is true. Obviously Government from the Harold Lloyd School of Governance:

Will someone please place me in a drug induced coma until this is all over

1 Like

Are you sure thatā€™s wise ? By the time this is all over there will be so few people left working in the NHS that there may not be the resources needed to get you conscious again.

VB

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for

Like Iā€™d give a fuck. This country will be screwed whatever happens. If I donā€™t come round please bury me in one of Sodders Heco coffins

1 Like

So essentially Brexit wins the day. The difference between soft and hard is only a couple of fucking inches anyway.

Just to cheer you all up, even in the middle of this cluster fuck, the Tories are still more popular than Labour. By the time the next GE comes along Brexit is essentially a done deal and the Tories will look better placed to win than they are now.

Labour have their biggest lead since the last election.