Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

6 Likes

You canā€™t educate pork.

3 Likes

That Brexit vote is astonishing: 3 in 5 leave voters think ā€œsignificant damageā€ to the UK economy is OK, and 2 in 5 that themselves or their family members losing jobs is. ā€œIā€™ve got my triple-locked pension and own my own home, so fuck all of you.ā€

I can only stand aghast at the Daily Heil and Express, they clearly do their job incredibly well.

1 Like

Iā€™d call it Stockholm Syndrome but that probably sounds too foreign.

4 Likes

Then they, sir, are knobs of the highest order.

I blame Simon Cowell (amongst ,many others) because heā€™s a cunt .

1 Like

They didnā€™t understand the question, just like the original Brexit referendum (vote, for the sake of clarity, for those who voted leave).

I think that part of the problem is that the referendum was too binary - people voted leave for many reasons and we donā€™t know what these reasons were. Something as nuanced as Brexit should not be decided in such a way - we should look at the individual issues and work out if there is a solution. Instead every single issue with peopleā€™s lives became a simple ā€œBrexitā€™ll fix itā€ solution.

1 Like

I think a bigger part of the problem was crass stupidity and racism.

4 Likes

ā€¦and the tendency of politicians, a shameful proportion of the media and certain other elements to pander to this.

3 Likes

Democracy - the worst form of government, except for all the others.

VB

2 Likes

Canā€™t disagree with that. But as Scott Adams said ā€¦

Getting on for 80% of the press in this country is owned by billionaires who mostly live somewhere else. They buy influence. They sell lies.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see the value in fighting to remain in the single market, while leaving the EU. Democracy has not stopped (despite TMā€™s best efforts) , I think column inches like this would be better used preventing Brexit all together.

Iā€™m for hard remain. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Not harsh enough IMHO.

11 Likes

Dafuq?

UK will ā€˜mirrorā€™ much of EU customs system for Brexit, plans reveal

Iā€™ve always thought the phrase ā€œhaving your cake and eating itā€ rather odd - what else are you meant to do, cram it up your arse? That is the likely response from the EU on the ā€œstrategy paperā€ though.

In what dreamland are our negotiators? I so want some of their drugs.

1 Like

Good drugs are always the answer IMV.

1 Like

Buy them now because the import tariffs will put them out of reach for most of us

I wonder which part of ā€˜Citizens Rights, Financial Settlement & Irish border to be settled firstā€™ David Davis is struggling to understand. They arenā€™t going to discuss our trading relationship until those issues are mostly resolved.

And yet more revelatory tweets about Davis from his former advisor James Chapman today. Some about his closeness to Andrew Neil and John Humphrys and some about his fondness for the drink. Doesnā€™t paint an inspiring picture of our chief negotiator.

1 Like

Heā€™s a privileged white male Tory. What else do you need to know?