Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Looks like EU blue to me (which should have suited better than the burgenndy one for EU countries)

Looking at the passport, I read

United Kingdom of Great Britain AND Northern Ireland.

I now start to realize that I incorrectly used UK and Great Britain as a designation for the same entitiy. :blush:
But it is not. Shame on me.

Could anybody explain then why at the Olympics you have TeamGB?
That implies that the N. Irish aren’t in the same team. But they are.

And we’re not talking UKxit.
Brexit is then correct, the main Island leaves the EU, N. Ireland is not Britain, so could stay in the EU…:thinking:

I thought nationalism and patriottism are easy to understand, but now I only get more confused.

4 Likes

It’s easy to be confused. As you now realise, GB is the main island, part of the British Isles (which includes Ireland). “British” then becomes an odd concept with respect to Ireland and Northern Ireland.

It’s worth pointing out that nobody in GB has any interest in NI whatsoever. We’re certainly more bothered about Gibraltar, say, or the Falkland Islands. They don’t blow us up.

The only people vaguely interested in NI are the Tories - even before the DUP malarkey, their official name is the Conservative and Unionist Party. Most Tories don’t realise this, though. They should change their name to the Conservative and Unionist Nationalist Tories though.

I think that the main reason we go for “GB” stuff is that it’s easier to say British - “United Kingdom” is rather clumsy, and we don’t have a word “Kingdomish”. This I think then drives the ridiculous nationalism recently - nobody identifies as UK, GB is often wrong, so people go for English/Scottish/Welsh and we get stupidity growing.

3 Likes

Lol, nope, just as meh.

1 Like

ft

2 Likes

:joy:

Really? If Iceland invaded Northern Ireland I reckon we’d have a long think before any action, and we’d probably start with diplomacy. But the Falklands or Gibraltar, well, the ships might not make it all the way, but we’d certainly despatch them.

I was speaking personally.

1 Like

They’d have to find some seaworthy ships they could send first. All of the type 45 destroyers are fucked. The new aircraft carrier leaks & has no planes. There’s talk of an RIB that people lark about on down in the Med but whether they’d be up for taking it to the South Atlantic is anyone’s guess.

2 Likes

Get that blue passport while you can. When we are an Oblast they will be red again.

2 Likes

The EU have never dictated the colour of our passports.

If we change them to blue, bring back milk in pints and carry on films, I reckon we could stay in the EU and 80% of leave voters wouldn’t even notice.

10 Likes

I admire the patience of the many that continue the debate. I find that discussing Brexit is like dancing about architecture, fucking pointless for the most part

This clip sums it up for me, its really worth listening to. Superbly encapsulates the debate going on across the UK between those who work in facts and the brexiteers, many of whom act as though its a belief system.

After that you will need some lighthearted relief :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for that. I now want to find myself a nice wall and bang my head repeatedly until 29/3/19

1 Like

But it’s the old money they want back. With the form filling and airport queues.

The brown cover is most attractive too.

2 Likes

I was led to believe that colour didn’t matter :beach_umbrella:

7 Likes
4 Likes
11 Likes

They were never blue anyway