Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

I wonder if David Davis is going to go today over the backstop issue. According to this Theresa May has lost a Cabinet minister every six weeks since last Autumn, on average. So we’re due another resignation within the next few days. I wonder if the Government can stand the loss of Davis or BoJo or any of the other ‘big beasts’.

This was from someone on PFM, but is worth repeating.

David Davis to leave cabinet, fully expecting to keep all benefits of cabinet membership.

4 Likes

Hahaha.

2 Likes

Give Brexit to Northern Rail. they’ll have it cancelled within a week.

5 Likes

Haha. Brilliant.

Well that’s just absofuckinglutely fantastic. The ONE intelligent grown up in the room has maybe been ousted

Just in order that DD didnt flounce! What a shower of shit we are.

(Of course, this could all be twitter bollocks, in which case as you were )

Edit: once again I get far too carried away with twitter bollocks. Christ

An end point is incorporated into the document so May has rolled over.

26. The UK is clear that the temporary customs arrangement, should it be needed, should be time limited, and that it will be only in place until the future customs arrangement can be introduced. The UK is clear that the future customs arrangement needs to deliver on the commitments made in relation to Northern Ireland. The UK expects the future arrangement to be in place by the end of December 2021 at the latest.

No guarantee the EU will accept this though.

ftfy

4 Likes

Indeed. “expects” isn’t concrete enough. The usual fudgery.

… and “is clear” is jelly in comparison, and probably means something only to the Maybot herself.:weary:

That’s what I thought. If the EU are smart they’ll take that for what it is - meaningless.

I ‘expect’ to have a date with Julia Stiles this summer. It hardly confers any certainty or compulsion, does it?

Are you clear that your expect such a date though? That seems important.

1 Like

I’ve read through some of this on the news. I’m a bit pissed, sure, but it seems completely fucking meaningless. Am I actually missing something?

We have a backstop with a date but it’s not a backstop. What does that even mean?

Adam, it’s complete bollocks

So it’s a way to keep DD in the job that nobody smart wants, even though by his own criteria he should have resigned but he just doesn’t know it?

That’s as good a guess as any. It keeps the peace for a few more days

It’s just like Greece. Everyone knew that the issue with Greece was a liquidity one, but the solution to that was intolerable. So you kick the can down the road, with a whole raft of small fixes that mostly do fuck all. Finally you have a Greek government with an explicit mandate to tell the EU to go do one, and they still can’t do it.

So the troublemakers will be kicked out, and the status quo will be maintained, in the manifest absence of another workable solution?

1 Like