Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Indeed. Leaving aside the reasons behind Brexit, the clear lack of a plan on any part, and the obviously self-serving behaviour of the main players involved, do you think really see Brexit as being positive for the UK?

1 Like

Congratulations for not only quoting my post, but also not reading it. Spectacular, in fact.

What I think is utterly irrelevant to the point I was making.

You might be right, but I think I find the EU side more trustworthy. When they say they are frustrated by the lack of progress, I tend to believe them more than I do Davis.

Iā€™m ready to eat my hat when we get a decent deal within a year, remind me of this then!

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s my entire point.

OK, let me try again,

What else would you expect in the absence of any evidence of a plan, or for that matter, evidence of a strong and stable Government. The Govt. is a mess, the opposition is ludicrous. None of this was necessaryā€¦

Any idea of the date that headline was published (assuming it is genuine)?

19th June 2017, web indicates.

Itā€™s interesting to hear how the discussion of the bill is occurring. Iā€™d expect to see it itemised and that appears to be way the British side are insisting that it is presented. Of course we shouldnā€™t simply accept the first figure presented or be expected to make an offer of what we might pay. But the citizens rights and the Irish question seem to be even more contentious. Iā€™m not sure setting up third party arbitration is going to keep the hard core Brexiters happy. And obviously due to the structured nature of these negotiations they havenā€™t started on issues like aviation which will likely be one of the areas where ECJ oversight has to be accepted. But at some point soon the government is going to have to come clean on the economic impact of all this. The effect on sterling will be showing itself on prices generally over the next 12 months. Iā€™m afraid itā€™s all going to get ugly at some point.

3 Likes

This is all you need to know, the rest is fluff

And to balance the leftie rubbish, here is a foaming-at-the-mouth right-wing view on the same issue

The volume of grumbling about the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill does not bode well for the Government or the main Opposition who both face the risk of very serious rebellions in the next few weeks. Be interesting to see if Mrs May can survive a serious rebellion or the aftermath of putting one down.

She probably flew Ryanair to Brussels and that was the closest they could get her.

5 Likes

Morton Morland.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Have you ever been to Clacton? Yeesh, what a frightening shit hole.

Went for a stag do once, weā€™d rented a big farm house nearby, so went into town in the afternoon for some beers and a curry. We didnā€™t stay long. Ten big lads, we all felt scared it was going to kick off any minute, it was wall to wall pissed knuckle-draggers. In the end we got a take away and went back to our metropolitan elite farm house.

6 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes
1 Like

7 Likes
2 Likes