Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Presumably Corbyn is thanking his lucky stars he’s not in power. When Brexit fails to deliver for his core supporters he’ll wring his hands and blame that on The Wicked Tories who obviously skewed the negotiations to get what their supporters (the unbelievably rich, the capitalists and the petty bourgeois) wanted.

VB

3 Likes

My view is that hard brexit is now almost certain.

I think we’re in for a decade (at the very least) of weak minority governments of both flavours.

Rather like the lost decades that Japan has had to face economically, but with further reaching consequences outside of just the economy.

Or to put it another way, a supergalactic clusterfuck.

6 Likes

Their latest album is surely their finest work.

3 Likes

I only see two possible outcomes at this point: a no deal crash out, or a repeal of the Article 50 notification.

Vradakar, the new PM in Ireland has just declared that unless the border is sorted out he will veto everything. This is quite a move, but guaranteeing citizens rights and sorting out the bill are a doddle relative to sorting out the border. The DUP are in a nasty bind with this one as NI was 70% remain IIRC. Ramming through Brexit and destroying the peace in Ulster might not go down too well with the average voter.

DUP can’t have no deal. No deal=hard border. That’s political suicide for them. It will likely lead to the collapse of the GFA and hopefully no one is mad enough to prosecute policy that leads to a return to armed conflict.

A rant by a millionaire and self-confessed ignorant rock star. That is now good enough political insight and analysis for Farage. About sums Brexit up.

Listen to Noel Gallagher. Ignore this…

1 Like

He’s a cunt, so’s his brother, and Oasis were shit. So who gives a fuck.

12 Likes

I fucking hate the whole Brexit thing. It depresses me more and more each day: The constant petty bickering, the constant bending of any truth and the cunt that is Davis smugly walking out of any meeting without achieving anything other than winding-up the other nations

7 Likes

What a fucking hero.

The world needs more politicians who are a bit more blunt: there’s one massive fucking issue here for both sides of Ireland, so fucking fix it or I’ll flounce and fuck your economy for a decade. Have some of that!

4 Likes

Of course there’s an easy way to fix the Irish border issue… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh, and it might save them €14bn also…:wink:

This

may be of help in determining the likelihood of that happening…

Good point. On the other hand he is simply trying to look after the best interests of his country and its citizens in the face of some epically stupid behaviour from his nearest neighbours. I’m sure the pro-Brexit brigade had thought about about this border issue before triggering article 50.

:man_facepalming: <- shit facepalm emoji

I do remember a lot of discussion at the time about whether we would be staying in the customs union or not. The consensus seemed to be that leaving the customs union would be fucking stupid. Yeah…

1 Like

5 Likes

Unfair on Mr Tumble IMHO.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Really quite good article that. Thanks for posting the link.

1 Like