Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

I thought Brexit would be bad, but it’s actually far worse than I could have imagined.

3 Likes

I can’t believe that the two main parties still support it. What intelligent person still thinks it’s a good idea?

There may have been a case whereby we could have used the vote as a force for change within the EU. It could have highlighted the way that the common people had issues with the direction of the EU. Now there is no chance of that, the only way we would be allowed back in is with our trail between our legs, no rebate and a greatly diminished say.

There’s no good outcome, for sure, but we seem to have eliminated the quite bad and very bad now, and the best case scenario is “massive fuck-up”.

3 Likes

Intelligent people don’t. There it is, right in plain sight.

1 Like

The UK has 1 vote in 28. If the EU wanted change, it has to be democratically motivated, not driven by threats. This was made clear to Cameron by the EU, but he forged ahead anyway.

It is amazing that such a poor PM could be made to look quite good but the PM who followed after. From poor judgement to an absolute absence of any judgement whatsoever. The opposition are equally poor.

1 Like

Everyone knows ideology trumps intelligence.

1 Like

Trump’s ???

1 Like

works on every level.

3 Likes

As Ken Clarke said in his speech to Parliament last week, it’s never been plainer that Leave didn’t expect to win, never had plan and still don’t have a plan other than hope triumphing over adversity.

4 Likes

Someone who sees that there’s a great deal of profit to be made from chaos & uncertainty and who doesn’t care about the consequences for anyone else.

1 Like

“I fart at your general intelligence” (needs French accent)

If you can be arsed to listen,James o brien from last month

I agree with the bit about profit and not caring about the consequences. I’m not sure about wanting to make money from uncertainty and chaos. I think the answer is simpler than that.

The general punter seems to think a no deal outcome is a big step towards free trade. This is a fallacy. If we move to WTO rules we will potentially be slapping tarriffs and quotas onto our former EU partners AND any other country we have a free trade agreement with via the EU. (I’m not going to debate ‘Most Favoured Nation’ status here). What is clear is that our trade will be less free until we negotiate a swathe of bilateral agreements.

So if you think you will profit from protectionism in the medium term and can use the resulting revenue to profit from the eventual FTAs we might come to, without regard to the consequences, then you are a fully fledged Brexiteer. Otherwise, you are likely to be a bit thick and have swallowed the ‘taking back control’ and ‘red, white and blue brexit’ bullshit because it panders to your inner racist.

Or both.

3 Likes

Ken speech in February. Terrific.

From the 14th Nov (16m 40s in). No plan. (sync is out on this one, apologies)

1 Like

wrong place

Looks like the wind is blowing in the right direction :thumbsup:

5 Likes

I think it´s more about sensibility than intelligence.
And there´s hardly a correlation between the two.
Some people have both, either, or neither of these.
Lack of sensibility leads to rejecting any other input, whether sensible or intelligent.

Brexit seems to be won by those lacking sensibility.

You may be right, but the Brexit vote was highly correlated against intelligence. At least intelligence in the sense of formal qualifications.

Would love to know what % voted leave on the strength of just pissing off Cameron.

Well, on second thought, yes, you´re more right than I was.
We knew the The Answer all the time.
That´s my EU shoe size and IQ of the Brexiteers.

2 Likes

Wonder what those tossers at The Sun will have to say about this given what they said about the Irish PM two days ago.