Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Semi-serious post for once. There is a good article on the FT about attitudes to Brexit and how they are changing. There are 3 kind of interesting facts that come out in the surveys discussed in the article:

1. The Govt is loosing credibility on Brexit at an impressive rate:
  2. Even leavers are waking up to the fact Brexit might be a bad thing:
  3. Despite 2, People are still split 50/50 ish about Brexit.

There is some waffle about a 2nd referendum, but that is never going to happen unless the Govt falls and we get a coalition of some sort to follow, so I’m not going to bother with that. The article is here, but there is a paywall.

Obvious stupidity is obvious.

Despite all different views and opinions, this place is the most down to earth in the whole UK.
Really feel sorry for you all.

2 Likes

I think more and more people are seeing how they’ve been manipulated over Brexit.

4 Likes

Never in doubt.

All together now:

Land of hope and glory…:smiley:

Fuck. I was hoping this issue had sunk the whole stupid fucking (mis)adventure.

1 Like

Still plenty more icebergs in the EU waters - don’t give up hope.

1 Like

He looks like he’s really squeezing her hand and she’s trying not to show how much it’s hurting. Bit like Brexit then.

1 Like

From the HIGNFY book of faces…

Link to the 15 page report…

If I’ve understood correctly the EHIC scheme will continue as is, thankfully.

From my skim reading this morning it looks like Mogg et al have been told to do one.

1 Like

I’m about halfway through it. But yes it does, very much so.

Looks to be paving the way for a soft brexit.

From my skim read this looks like a very soft Brexit. Gove pushed onto Today programme to justify it. Wonder how much the prospect of a Corbyn Govt encouraged this fudge, May was on the brink

“more fudge here than at a British summer fete” as someone put it on the FT comments page :blush:

2 Likes

Still pisses me off what a colossal waste of time and money all this is.

5 Likes

Which means that May has likely paved the way to be relieved by one of the hard right loons in the new year.

2 Likes

This would possibly be good news if you want a change of Govt Pete. The Tory remainers would be more likely to rebel en masse in the face of an arch-Brexiteer, and vice-versa for a remainer.

I’d love a change of govt. The fly in the ointment is that I don’t want the only viable alternative.

Anyway, looks like it might not be that soft - talk is of a model based on the Canada deal.

2 Likes

I don’t see how we have a Canada while we have full alignment. But I await the fudge with interest.

Peace in our time, eh?

Plenty of the tricky stuff is kicked into the long grass til later. (A tenner says the last 24 hours of our membership.) Meanwhile, the agreement made during the whee hours is contiongent upon everything else finally being agreed. Sometime in the future.

About which:

• Depite John Humphreys & the Today crew banging on all morning about trade talks beginning, they’re not. THESE ARE NOT TRADE TALKS, YOU PLANK. Phase 3 will be no more than a Heads of Agreement on the 2019-onwards EEA-ish transition phase, which they say will last two years but will in reality take until kingdom come.
  • While our so-called red lines were already wonky and are now shot to shit (bang up job, David. why did you not hang around for the Press Conference, I wonder? ), the logical-ish conclusion of them is that we’re heading towards a Canda+ deal

However, as always, there are paradoxes everywhere:

• Ireland isn’t close to being resolved, and shows no sign of being resolved.
  • The fall-back positions on customs, VAT, are to all intents and purposes continued membership of the single market and cutsoms union
  • The agreement refers to freedom of movement between NI and Ireland for EU citizens. So Polish friends enter UK thorugh the irish border. Personally I could not care less, but I seem to recall it being a wee issue during the referendum.

This hasn’t been a negotiation, it’s been a the longest - and most embarrassing - ever smell-the-coffee moment for the UKGov, which could have been resolved 12 months ago.

Only now does the hard bit begin. Now might be a good time for Theresa and co to work out what exactly they want out of it

edit: oh flippin dear, that’s really quite longer than I thought. Steam. letting off. Grrr. Sorry

3 Likes

Reading twitter,it seems it has gone from 48% of the nation pissed off,to 100% pissed off.

:thumbsup: