Build your own 747

It’s about 17" wide, a foot deep and about 4" high.
I’d guess maybe 8-9 Kg.

How much more could anyone need to know?

1 Like

You sound just like a Hi Fi Dealer. :nerd_face:

That’s a relief, it seems to be well adequate!:grinning:

Is the distortion at least as high as the M77? Any lower and I’m out.

Is the Nob warm to the touch?

1 Like

I imagine the distortion is every bit as high as that churned out by the M77. It’ll be interesting to hear what people make of it at Jim’s do.

2 Likes

I hope I make it but nobody is dropping out. I was going to bring my new Line Stage to compare.

What is it Dave?

It’s a Horn Shoppe The Truth Line Stage (ss). I bought it on a whim.

2 Likes

They look really good!

You are kidding?

If you mean me, no. I’m about to buy a Transcendent Sound Masterpiece pre and Ed posts on the forum there. I’ve also been looking at his pre: http://www.high-endaudio.com/RECENT.html#March

If it’s that good, why the dumbell foo?

1 Like

Haha, I doubt Ed Shilling would agree with that. He seems honest and down to earth if you look at his forum as well as the Transcendent Sound forum.

1 Like

I was talking about the photo of his line stage in your link - why the dumbell shaped weight on top?

I know. That was the reviewer, he said he made four changes to “improve” it (the dick):

1. Isolation Plate- I placed a metapolymer isolation plate below “The Truth”. The sound became a little purer, relaxed and better focused. It also lowered the sound-floor. Component isolation is common these days for serious audiophiles, so this is nothing special or unexpected.

2. Internal grounding of the (IEC jack) “earth” pin- “The Truth” was quiet with the APL digital player, but it had a loud hum with the phono source, and nothing I did could eliminate it. I later noticed that the internal IEC jack earth pin was unattached, so I connected it to the chassis. This eliminated the hum and it also slightly lowered the sound-floor as a bonus. The audibility of hum is almost always dependent on system/home grounding, so this may not be a problem with other systems.

3. AC power cord switched to Coincident CST and then Statement- “The Truth” comes with a 6 foot generic power cord. I replaced this with a 2 foot Coincident CST power cord and then later with a 2 foot Statement power cord. This was the largest improvement, with the exception of eliminating the hum of course. I believe “The Truth” requires a high quality power cord in the most revealing and demanding systems. I realize that a good quality power cord could cost a high % of the original investment, but it is well worth it in the long run.

4. 10 lb. lead weight placed on top of chassis- The metal case of “The Truth” is somewhat flimsy, so I added the weight, with damping materials placed between the weight and the case. The result was only a tiny improvement, but it cost next to nothing, so why not?

1 Like

Ah…my bad…tl;dr

Dumb belle. :slight_smile:

Had a 30 min listen here this afternoon,it does sound very good.
Hopefully get one later in the year if i have the funds.

1 Like

Hopefully get a listen at Jim’s next week.

Have funds but no skills :slightly_frowning_face: