Build your own 747

1 Like

Pleased to note it is well polished

2 Likes

How did you get on with it? When I was listening to the one up at Definitive just after xmas it was doing all the usual things with regard to sounding very pure & extended at the top but it did lack some firmness, organisation & energy lower down.

Is that a bit like ‘I sense a disturbance in the force’.:grinning:

Sounds like a job for

1 Like

No idea, lifted off Kondo website description of M77.

Thought it would impress the experts :smiley:

2 Likes

The Gak-Oh does something similar (2 transformers) whereas the Gaku-On doesn’t

OK, that does sound like leakage flux cancellation then.

VB

Fake leaks people, fake leaks.

5 Likes

Quite probably. I was just being lazy, really and getting you to do my thinking for me! :smile:

2 Likes

OK, next time I need some thinking done about phono stages I’ll cash that credit in ! :grinning:

VB

2 Likes

The Gakuoh looks like the ht winding is rated at 0.2A, so possibly there is a capacity issue alongside the “flux reduction” issue. Interestingly they seem to be Definitive’s power amps of choice.

I would tend to agree, but the challenge is to stop listening to hifi equipment and just follow the music, at which point it excels. I played it head to head with my transformer coupled line stage preamp which did most of the hifi stuff better, depth, clarity, detail, separation etc, but the M77 played music with a lightness of touch, with timing and without effort in a way which mine couldn’t get close to.
In many ways the Kondo sound is the antithesis of “Hi End” and that can only be a good thing

5 Likes