Career Choices. Well, that escalated quickly

A thread that actually makes me quite proud to be here and know/have met some of you.

:face_vomiting:

5 Likes

You were formerly in that group. I now have you filed alongside Bumtel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

See, there it is, that genuineness. Says a lot about the people here that we can share those snippets ( in @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion case every fucking minuscule detail - fuck I’m glad he’s back ) from our life stories, cost BUPA £960.00 for me tell my psychiatrist anywhere near that.

9 Likes

Are you drunk already? Does this mean that the golfisting went poorly or well? Not that I really GAF to be honest.

1 Like

You yellow fool.

2 Likes

Just for a sense of balance, quite a few people I was there with regularly volunteered with http://www.keenoxford.org. But then I didn’t have anything to do with the Oxford Union.

I’m seeing Maureen_OPinion - The Opera as I write this :grin:

Maureen_OPinion - Leonardo DiCaprio
Sam - Gemma Arterton
Nan OPinion - Julie Walters
Previous OPinion Girls (as in Bond Girls) - Louise Fletcher (Nurse Ratched), Margaret Hamilton (The Wicked Witch of the West), Jennifer Saunders (The Fairy Godmother from Shrek 2) …

Score - Bjork

C’mon. This one’s got legs !

VB

3 Likes

10/10 Would fap to this arrangement again.

2 Likes

I stopped reading at this point…

http://www.celebzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/gemma-arterton-at-100-streets-premiere-in-london_1.jpg

1 Like

End of the thread just there. The rest of us might want to comment, but will forget what we wanted to say whilst staring at those. Might come back a bit later for another look, just for research purposes though…

2 Likes

Long, long bit of typing, which I’ve decided to keep in the drafts folder of my email for the reason of being cathartic and just quote the following image. ****EDIT: Which I quoted fucking wrong and I’ll leave for the amusement of Paul.

Inspiring posts to read here, all I will say is, to the few people who know my story or parts of it, be aware that I am obscenely happy, possibly content with the situation I am in. I’ve worked in IT all of my life if I ignore the year I spent in Sony Centre which happened because of redundancy. I’m not hugely career driven, the anxiety and other ailments extinguished any interest I used to have in becoming a high flyer. My wife and I both work full time and we live so that we have enough money to comfortably pay our bills, with enough spare to save for more than 2 holidays each year. It also covers the cost for my hobby, which thanks to various forums and the people who are local to me, I feel I get the absolute most out of. A couple of times a year I like to get into a restoration project of some description.

I work in IT because I find it extremely easy to learn new things (namely how to implement and teach how to use it to people who aren’t interested in IT), I genuinely believe in IT you are paid for your ability to work shit out rather than be an absolute master who never needs to do research.

4 Likes

“This work made me beat-it like a ginger stepchild who owes me money - 10/10: would flay the skin-rat again.” :ok_hand:

Yes, I went off on one, I claim no authority - there were (and always are) endless E&OEs in every rant I sick-up, so of course some of the undergrads were an absolute delight.

That said, there is something about undergraduates that has always annoyed me - probably because they are in all ways legally adults while simultaneously in all ways functionally, schoolchildren.

For the person living it, it’s a true golden moment - devoid of any real responsibility, rightly devoted to both pleasure and learning, with everything to look forward to and live for, while still being young enough to have ALL the answers and to know everything…

Bliss it was in that time to be alive … I’m sure.

1 Like

Universal response ‘ I’ll love to splash out on those’ :heart_eyes:

The traditional response when face with such a challenge is:

I’ve yet to come across a young lady who doesn’t enjoy a pearl necklace

This is so true, and getting worse.

1 Like

2 Likes

I must be honest it can be a bit daunting on here sometimes - especially now after reading this thread - there are a lot of talented sods on here.

Mind you it has been a pleaseant surprise just how much I have in common with some of you bastids; despite being a smelly sock. I won’t bore you with the details of my career & personal history as it’s a litany of stupid and/or selfish fuckwittery and too depressing to think about tbh.

However, I found someone (to my genuine shock) who decided she quite liked me and could put up with me long term so I do consider myself very very lucky. She’s a clever sod as well so maybe it’s true that opposites attract :joy:

I still have my health and we have a pretty comfortable life so musn’t grumble.

17 Likes

Long, but not too long.

Read entirely, with full attention from one who’s also been through strange times.

Pleasure to see such articulate writing. Thank you, you c**t.

1 Like

cunt

8 Likes