Career Choices. Well, that escalated quickly

Well said.

1 Like

It’s a good post, but still not sure I’m giving him the full treatment yet. :))

1 Like

It’s the ultimate compliment

1 Like

Maybe he meant ‘clot’ ?

VB

1 Like

Well this thread has been something of a surprise. Thanks to all of you who have written so openly about your lives. I really appreciate openness and honesty in people. In that spirit, here’s some truth about my world.

There’s not been a decade of my life that hasn’t been blighted by some sort of fucking disaster. I’m not going to spell out the details but these events combined with my own fathomless personal failings, compulsions and lack of judgement have left me totally banjaxed by life.

All the important things that make the foundations of a good life have either eluded me or been lost. I’ve no wife, no lover, no children, no job, no career or profession, no house, no money and no luck. Other than that everything is fine.

I’ve had a fantastic life in many ways and if I could go back in time I wouldn’t do much differently. I’m not bitter. Life is life and it’s not kind to some people. I feel I’ve been very lucky in some ways. I’ve loved and been loved. I’ve lived a hedonistic life unburdened by children or responsibility.

Anyway maybe things happen for a reason. My heroic mother who has endured a very difficult life has no family in this country other than me. As a result of my feckless life I’m free to take care of her as she is being steadily diminished by vascular dementia. Finally, I’m doing something worthwhile with my life.

34 Likes

This is why you fit in here so well :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Interesting thread, about to get dull.

One woman, one job, one child.

I like a quiet life :smile:

12 Likes

As Robert Burns put it

A parcel o’ rogues :grinning:

2 Likes

ftfy

5 Likes

Mines slightly more exciting, wait for it…

One wife, two jobs, two children.

The excitements killing you isn’t it?

8 Likes

Disappointed, had you down as a steady type :smiley:

3 Likes

one wife (it was very nearly two, but when the other one got god squad on me, I ran for the hills - 6 weeks before the wedding!), one job, no kids and two cats

4 Likes

Wise move.

1 Like

Did she start buying hot cross buns?

4 Likes

One ex-wife (it lasted 24 years), quite a few ex-Ms-ICHM, current one is a sweetie and a keeper. 5 kids all grown up, 7 different jobs over the years and fairly happy. I don’t have enough money to retire quite yet, when I do I am out sharpish.

One stupid Labrador called Curtis.

I do not see me getting married again, but never say never.

4 Likes

I didn’t tell you about the Guinea Pig, two cats and a dog did I?

https://rawkandrolljunkie.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/tumblr_my9ftscc8i1sivph8o1_500.gif?w=500

3 Likes

it wasn’t the religion you might imagine when I use the term “god squad”

One wife (only woman I’ve ever dated). Two kids. 3 dogs. 1 cat.

More jobs than I care to think about. More jobs fucked up than I care to think about too.

5 Likes

Go on, you’ve got me all intrigued now :thinking:

it doesn’t matter, it is all water under the bridge.