Carnage at Cranage?

I hated them, they were all overblown when I was in the room, they were being driven too hard to try to impress, not at all natural.

Maybe they just had the right type of music on when we were in there. It was just a female vocalist with an acoustic guitar.
BTW it was nice to bump into you a few people I’d not seen for a good while.

Never a great challenge for any system.

1 Like

As a general comment, there were quite a lot of fairly small stand mounted speakers (never a bad thing in difficult small rooms), but they were being driven to their limit or just beyond in most rooms. Initially quite impressive, but then if you think about it, as they are at their limit there is nowhere to go dynamically when you want louder or with music that requires big swings.

A classic example was the Kralk speakers, which while sounding great, the bass units were working hard and nearing their endstops. Personally, I would want much more headroom, due to the volume and type of music I listen too.

The startling conclusion is of course that bigger is better for loudness and dynamics.

4 Likes

Wise words sir Bob.

Moar big moar better.

6 Likes

1 Like

With anything complex or that should’ve had a bass line they were hard and skawky. Reminded me of some 80s ghetto blasters - the ones with a single pair of 3" drivers

I liked these a lot, but £4,600 is a lot.