Cheese

Reminds me of the Tonibell mini football you used to get with ice cream inside

Cheese - like tossfodder - is very much Of The Moment and mood-dependant.

I like 'em all except the highly processed and “american cheeses” style crapola.

I couldn’t pick a fave easily, but if I had to a good unpasteurised blue Stilton would prolly be indispensable, very closely followed by the glorious Smoked Lincolnshire Poacher!

Alex James’ “Blue Monday” is a goody too - Stilton-meets-Danblue. Another stormer is Epoisses - love it pus-y and deliquescing! Nom!

An aged 1er cru Gruyere is a joy, and I could eat good Parmesan all day long - to hell with merely grating it on things!

Then there’s chilli-marinated Halloumi - grilled - food of the gods.

Could go-on all day TBH…

How The Actual Living Fuck can anyone live without cheese?

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1:

Homemade harissa and rose oil sauce, or orange and chilli go so nicely with haloumi.

1 Like

Lovely!

Brother got me some fortnum and masons stilton for christmas and it’s bloody good.

Currently having baked camembert with toasted pitta bread and redcurrant jelly.

2 Likes

Mrs Kirkhams Lancashire

1 Like

Shropshire blue is my fave, a good one mind.

I’ve been appreciating Hartington Stilton over Christmas…Mmmmmmmm…

1 Like

With a few exceptions, my faves seem to be Continental.
Stand out exceptions are; Montgomery cheddar, a very good Shropshire or Stilton, Cornish Yarg, Stinking Bishop (although the last time showed signs of a deterioration of quality), Crowdie and Oxford Isis.

The Continental ones are too numerous to mention but farm made Gruyere, Epoisses and Maroilles are stand outs🧀

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Love that pongy gem :heart:

I suspected at the time that it had become a victim of it’s own success. I will defo try it again and see if my suspicions were correct.

1 Like

Too often the way - increased production = decreased kwality…

2 Likes

My (very recently become ex) boss often makes a big fuss over the fact that he hates cheese

twat

everyone that knows him quite often has a big laugh about this (amongst other things) behind his back

1 Like

Sounds like one of those cunts that makes a great virtue of waking-up early. Absolute cunt.

Yes! Indeed!

Since I’ve known him, every so often my wife will stop what she’s doing, laugh and say “what kind of freak doesn’t like cheese!” :joy:

2 Likes

You clearly married well!

1 Like

I have to post this because of reasons.