Coco BTJ-9000

Thought I should start a thread to capture the build of the new LCR phono for a fellow slaughterman.

Have spent the last few months doing design and simulation, ordering parts and some fabrication. It’s getting to the point where it’s coming together.

Here we go…

Copper chassis for the output transformers and last stage PSU caps (Audio Note Kaisei). Iron is by Dave Slagle.

2 Likes

Caps mounted…

2 Likes

And transformers/chokes…

That’s enough for tonight.

14 Likes

I hope that wiring is unicorn pubes.

1 Like

There’s some serious foo going into this, for sure.

This has been turning into more of a HiFi forum recently…I like it.

1 Like

Will it also have a gold knob?

1 Like

This is not the Cheshire version.

3 Likes

It’s the Surrey version.

3 Likes

I look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

8 Likes

Sparkly cut glass then.

Aah, so it’s got a fringe on top?
O.K (L.A.H.O.M.A)
Now where’s me coat…

2 Likes

Pissed myself at the Model number :joy:

2 Likes

:wink:

Is this one mine or Dave’s :laughing:

Oops…just noticed the name…mine will obviously be BTD…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

By then I will upgrade mine to become MBTJ’s!:fu:

1 Like

Haha, phono stage arms race! When I finally get the original, I shall phoo it up to MBTD&J spec. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hehe…fight!! :grin:

Today’s progress:

Bit of work on the top deck - added the mounting brackets for holding connector blocks which will connect to the lower deck. A right faff these were to fabricate.

Mounted the foo caps and stand offs for building up the CR part of the LCR which will live on the little sub-shelf which will hang below the top deck.

Had hoped to get more done, but had to go to Screwfix to pick up some nuts and ended up tidying my collection of fasteners into storage boxes. (yeah, really) A job that was long overdue. What fun that was. :weary:

Not today’s work, but the PSU box is also in progress. Custom mains transformer and Lundahl amorphous chokes.

3 Likes