Coco BTJ-9000

The European flounce is highly superior.

Ah, now we know what really triggered Brexit.

Pete came around tonight to test The Coco BTJ 9000 Phono Stage.
On first inspection I was astonished with look and build of both the Phono and the PSU it was first class, the photos do not do it justice. On switching on there was a loud hum and I was a bit worried but with some earthing wire it then became dead quite. I thought it had cut out at first but Pete turned my Shindo Giscours to max and I could here some white noise but barely audible and I usually have it less than quarter (very loud).
We played some vinyl and it sounded sublime to my ears and it’s got 200 hrs break in as well! Pete said it was the best thing he had built, can he improve on this? Watch this space!

17 Likes

Photos of the finished beast in situ would be a good idea…

Please :slight_smile:

Will have to be next week as he took it away to be finished, the Name, feet etc.

Indeed :+1:

Does it have a new name?

Dave, have a word with yourself!

The Coco Supremo.:sunglasses:

Brutal Finesse.

Coco Nano Superlegerra

2 Likes

CoCo Pay and display NCP

3 Likes

Coco’s Unbelievably Nice Thing

8 Likes

Bit of a book reference here but very apt :slight_smile:

Ix Solido

Thanks Dave, it was great to pop over and give it a proper test, I have to admit, I was worried, as at home it was still showing some residual hum.

On first plugging in, there was some noise, so I started playing with grounding and when it was as quiet as I could get it, I figured we should listen.

I was not expecting silence based on the results at home and figured I had more work to do. Dave put a record on and argh! no right channel!. A quick fiddle with the interconnect and we have both chanels and better the noise is gone, in fact, it’s super quiet.

Dave’s pre has really high gain, and there was only I the faintest trace of white noise and hum when near max. volume, well outside the normal range and completely normal fur a tube phono stage.

There’s definitely something weird going on at home. It certainly caused me a lot of stress the last few days.

Anyway, we settled down and enjoyed some tunes!

Just a need to fit the rest of the case and sort out the earth lift and it’s done! :smiley:

15 Likes

I see what you did there because I’m special.

1 Like

Nearly wrapped up. Just need to paint the screening cans.

16 Likes

Loving the art deco style vents. :+1:

2 Likes

Put some wheels on it and you could enter it in Robot Wars. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How nice does that look ? Does it accept the new pound coin ?